The road.cc metric century challenge is a yearly mile-eating competition. it runs from halloween to halloween. The competition is for:
- Highest total score
- Highest score in a single month
- Longest single ride
- Every rider who completes the full challenge - a metric century in every month of the year
Anyone can join at any time: Just post if you complete a scoring ride, and then edit that same post from then on, updating for each qualifying ride. There will be prizes, but they're not worth the pain of dragging yourself out of bed on a cold Sunday in February to ride 70 miles in the rain - it's about the challenge, not the reward
The challenge is very basic. You must ride one metric century 100 km or 62.18 miles per month to succesfully complete the full challenge, but anyone can enter at any time of the year. You can may ride as many as you want and there will be a points system to award to the person who rides the most metric centuries. Only single continuous rides of at least 100km qualify, not a daily or weekly total of several shorter rides that exceed 100km. Tea stops are allowed, nay encouraged.
1. Anyone who completes a metric century (100km) is eligible to enter
2. Each metric century is worth one point. Double metrics are worth two points and so on.
3. Tie breaker will be total mileage.
4. Keep only one post per participant and you go in and edit your post with each new ride. All comment posts will be deleted.
5. For Brevet rides or anything else lasting longer than one continous day, the date the ride completed is the date posted.
6. If you don't complete a century in every month you are still eligible for the other prizes, so long as you complete a minimum of four scoring months.
6. Yes, just keep editing your original posts and delete any commentary. Your post would look something like this.
8 Jan 1 Point 63.88M/102.73KM Total Points 1 Total KM 102.73
16 Jan 1 Point 65.27M/104.97KM Total Points 2 Total KM 207.70
12 Feb 1 Point 64.90M/104.37KM Total Points 3 Total KM 312.07
Or you can put your totals at the bottom of the post.
NOTE: please don't reply to anyone's score post. if you do, it'll be locked and they won't be able to edit it. All comment posts will be deleted.
To post your first scoring ride, click on 'Post Reply' below this post. Put your username as the heading. DON'T post until you've completed a scoring ride.