Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

ARGH.... Rapha

By now, you ALL know my distain for the brand of Rapha.

Well it seems that I may not be on my own for very long. I got an email a couple of days with some unofficial news about a new Rapha jersey, from a "mate" who loves to wind me up.

Anyway, I thought he was just taking the piss. He was telling me about this special edition Pantani jersey...

I thought to myself, they wouldn't dare....BUT, oh yes they would.

Not only would they dare to use Pantani as a cash cow with a jersey, they have also helped make a film about him "The accidental death of a cyclist"

http://youtu.be/xfN3uxk-vRs

Quote:

April will see the official release of The Accidental Death of a Cyclist, a feature-length documentary telling the story of Pantani's dramatic rise and fall. Rapha will be commemorating the life and career of Il Pirata with a special edition Jersey due to be released in April.

This has got me REELING....What are they playing at? He died before Rapha was even around. They had nothing to do with him in his cyclist career....

Rapha are just cashing in on his life, our memories of him and his legacy.

I will stop now, because I will get into some unfriendly language. I know alot of you like/love Rapha, I'd love to know what you think of this disgusting move?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments