Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Colnago Cable routing Question

I am a relative newbie with road bikes
all the ones I have built have plastic cable guides on the bottom bracket shell, however my lovely new/old Colnago has little eyelets on the bottom bracket, do I need some sort of sleeve thingies to go in there?
there is no hole for a traditional bb guide as there is a cut out club.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

purplecup | 15 years ago
0 likes

Is it a 1970s/80s frame? what do the eyelets look like, any chance of posting a pic?

I've not seen a nagger with a BB setup like that but as long as the cables have a free run with a wide enough radius then you shouldn't have any problems. The plastic guide on a standard bb just serves to smooth the transitions, it doesn't do much lubricating, so a sleeve would probably do the trick. maybe one out of a V-brake noodle?  39

adeyho replied to purplecup | 15 years ago
0 likes

This is the bottom Bracket cable guides

Any idea of age of the frame?

adeyho replied to adeyho | 15 years ago
0 likes

Here are some more

I am not sure about the colour or decals they don't look original enough so I want to re spray it and put more classic Colnago decals on

mooseman replied to adeyho | 15 years ago
0 likes

Dude, as long as the guides are clear (not clagged with paint or cak) then they'll be fine. Fitting some cable inner will be an act of proper bike love as long as it slides in easily and doesn't pinch.

This time of year I'd be happy with a slack metal guide that's easy to flush out.

Latest Comments