Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

au revoir

au revoir to all the people I had great chats with, met for a coffee etc etc, however it's time to dip out of RoadCC as I think now that there are a by far to many bitter people here now, who just, moan moan moan. I can no longer waste time reading shite... LA LA LA yawn yawn yawn and it goes on.

And for the record, for all you LA haters... No matter what he became he was a legend and probably inspired the majority here to ride.

X7 TdF winner LA  19

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

39 comments

Nat Jas Moe | 9 years ago
0 likes

Good bye. I thought you were going  3

Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes

So, Fullgas, who is the bully? Have you any more insults to throw at me? If you don't think LA has done huge damage to cycling, that's your opinion. But there are plenty of others who do, and I for one wouldn't want his name associated with my efforts to raise money for charity.

I saw your comment about me raising money for charity. I've done my bit and continue to do more.

And to dismiss the LA episode and all that has happened after it and is still happening now as "politics" is conveniently stupid.

FullGas replied to Daveyraveygravey | 9 years ago
0 likes
Daveyraveygravey wrote:

So, Fullgas, who is the bully? Have you any more insults to throw at me? If you don't think LA has done huge damage to cycling, that's your opinion. But there are plenty of others who do, and I for one wouldn't want his name associated with my efforts to raise money for charity.

I saw your comment about me raising money for charity. I've done my bit and continue to do more.

And to dismiss the LA episode and all that has happened after it and is still happening now as "politics" is conveniently stupid.

Very nice! Playing the victim card. You only forgot that this is a public forum where everything stays on the record, including your attacks, rants, judgements, poor word choices, and question mask abuse. Seriously, get a life. Alternatively, go ride a bike.

S13SFC | 9 years ago
0 likes

Don't let the door hit you on the way out but please be aware that none really give a fat rat's arse as to whether you post or not you attention seeking queen.

pants | 9 years ago
0 likes

If you want to stop posting, do so, but please do not be mistaken for a moment that people care or will do so because of your pathetic attempt at seeking attention.

Ramz | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've been cycling in LA a few times and it wasn't great. I prefer SF, despite the tram tracks. I hear Davis is even better. The OP shouldn't be so touchy just because most people don't like LA.

PonteD | 9 years ago
0 likes

Ched isn't the only convicted rapist in football is he?

ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes

people can not forget and forgive LA because his crimes were so bad (in the context of using the wins to campaign for a cancer charity) that what he did at this moment is the biggest scandal in any sport.

Maybe once the truth is know about football that will overshadow it eventually.

PonteD replied to ianrobo | 9 years ago
0 likes
ianrobo wrote:

What? Your mean apart from the raping and coke habits? People almost expect it of footballers don't they, and the fans don't seem to care much, as long as their team wins they're happy.

ianrobo replied to PonteD | 9 years ago
0 likes
dazwan wrote:
ianrobo wrote:

What? Your mean apart from the raping and coke habits? People almost expect it of footballers don't they, and the fans don't seem to care much, as long as their team wins they're happy.

What I mean of course is systematic abuse and why Fuentes was closed down in Spain for example.

Why I believe many footballers are on EPO as we speak as its systems of testing are so shocking poor so easy to do it.

Of course the press don;t investigate that properly but once the truth is out.

OldRidgeback replied to PonteD | 9 years ago
0 likes
dazwan wrote:
ianrobo wrote:

Hmm, maybe not actually. Ched Evans has found out that a lot of football fans will not tolerate having someone with a rape conviction in their favourite team.

Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes

enrique, its not like you to moan, lol.

enrique replied to Stumps | 9 years ago
0 likes
stumps wrote:

...its not like you to moan...

Au contraire , mon ami, vous et je sais que je ai beaucoup à plaindre... * I love google translate...

Comrade | 9 years ago
0 likes

...very serious. But tell me WTF is TDF BTW anyway?

Leeroy_Silk replied to Comrade | 9 years ago
0 likes

No idea what you're talking about, too many acronyms...  17

andyp | 9 years ago
0 likes

Poor flounce. 2/10.

Tinternet_tim | 9 years ago
0 likes

I've got to agree with others, it does feel like a bit of an attention seeking post looking for others to beg the OP not to leave. I'm sure we have all seen similar on other social media where they say 'this is my last post/tweet/FB update' but secretly they are looking for 'some love'! They all come back  3

I agree with some of the OP sentiments that this place can be a bit depressing at times with some of the aggression towards others and 'bad attitudes'. I often have my head in my hands as soon as the police, helmets or hi viz is mentioned!!  1

As for LA, personally I have no time for him and wish he bow out once and for all. Over his career his destroyed others careers, therefore it wasn't just about egos, he was a thoroughly nasty individual who didn't care who he hurt/destroyed to get to the top. If someone acted in the same way in your workplace and put you out of work, not sure you would feel the same about him? IMHO of course!

Comrade | 9 years ago
0 likes

In one way I can see a point. Lots of opinionated / extreme views are express on here, but then it is a forum! As for me, I take a pop at the pricey stuff, simply because I don't buy it. I tend to the cheaper end of push bike stuff. But that's just me and take it with a pinch of salt. As for LA, well anything on him, past or present will always divide opinion anyway.

Blue skies to all the readers! (Apart from Friday morning, when we will see ranting views on ninja cyclist riding without hi vis, lights and stabilizers during the "day")

Oolon Colluphid | 9 years ago
0 likes
CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes

Re 'cyclist' I don't know what has happened on the lance thread, but having seen some of his posts, he came across as knowledgeable but also has an attitude of get out of my way.

enrique replied to CXR94Di2 | 9 years ago
0 likes
CXR94Di2 wrote:

Re 'cyclist'... having seen some of his posts, he came across as knowledgeable...

What a nice gesture of you, to acknowledge this...

... and (to add wood to the fire), what a weird way to say 'good bye'... I hope he's reading these comments with joy!  1 I have to say I truly (!)  4 enjoy posts that (ironically) moan about moaning!  4

Let's moan about something meaningful, like how many transfers we're going to get for the Grand Tours, the return of penalty transfers, how we need either a higher budget for the game or have the rider valuation algorithm tweaked so the current mid-level riders, at 20 and 30 or so credits, drop to 12 or so credits so we can play with more than 3 or 4 'Stars' and 4 3.0 riders when the mountains come along...

Or lets not (!) moan and instead write joyous accounts of how we thoroughly enjoyed the racing and the game this past weekend! Truly great stuff!  1

Cyclist wrote:

... au revoir to all the people I had great chats with, met for a coffee...

That's really not (!) a way to treat people who've treated you right... Thank them one by one for their thoughtful comments... You're making a bigger deal of the Lance supporters than of the people who've brightened your day and entertained you with their company... That's unfair!  45

I think you should come back and apologize to those people you've enjoyed rather than just leave like that... I, for one, would respect the hell out of someone who had the 'balls' to do that...  39

Kadinkski | 9 years ago
0 likes

To be fair there is a lot of moaning and negativity on this site. I suspect - at least in terms of the equipment reviews - it's largely due to an unusual mixture of audience: both wealthy and poor people frequent this site. Or at least those who like spending their money on fancy bike gear and those that don't. I'm simplifying it of course but a site like DCRainmaker is very clearly targeted toward a more discerning and affluent audience, whereas this site tries to be all things for all people.

Regarding the Lance Armstrong vitriol, I just find it funny. Laugh it off - its got to the stage where its just a parody - he's the archetypical pantomime villain. It's as if he introduced drugs to cycling. To be honest I used to hate him about 6 months ago too, now I really admire him again - opinions change.

Colin Peyresourde | 9 years ago
0 likes

I'm not sure I've ever been on a forum with the OP before.

He will be sadly missed for all the rich arguments and opinions he came up with.....why does he care about a rider who doesn't race anymore I wonder?!

Welsh boy | 9 years ago
0 likes

So an attention seeker points out that he is leaving just in case we didn't notice that he had gone. Good bye, you wont be missed but I bet you are soon back under a different name.

macrophotofly | 9 years ago
0 likes

What I do feel diminishes this site is the number of people who charge in to moan about anything reviewed that costs more than 1 pound. Sure say if something is expensive compared equivalent quality goods (and kindly provide some evidence to back it up), but don't just troll "it costs too much".

Contrast this site with DC Rainmakers' , for instance, who is constantly reviewing expensive Bike-tech gear (or a dozen other forums/sites which review TVs, Photographic goods, Cars, etc) and his commentators provide well balanced comments, ask technical questions and don't complain at the product if they can't afford to buy it.

barbarus | 9 years ago
0 likes

So, just to be sure, this isn't actually the real Lance Armstrong signing off from road.cc?

Simon E | 9 years ago
0 likes

I wonder how often the OP will check to see how many commented on this attention-seeking missive.

At least it was short so I didn't waste too much time in the vain hope of finding something constructive.

But seriously, does he/she have a point? Are too many comments bitter or spiteful? (I think describing them as 'hateful' is exaggerating but feel free to slag me off for it if you must) Or is it just a 'glass half-empty' view?

It can feel that some people are incapable of disagreeing about such pressing matters like wheel upgrades, chain lube or whether to use energy gels on a ride and still remain civil, but you get that everywhere (or so I'm told, I've not been there myself).

PonteD | 9 years ago
0 likes

Lance who?

farrell replied to PonteD | 9 years ago
0 likes
dazwan wrote:

Lance who?

Armstrong, Lance Armstrong. He's a pretty famous cyclist, there are quite a lot of articles about him on this very website. It's an interesting story really, he got cancer, beat it then came back to win the Tour de France 7 times before he had the titles stripped off him for taking performance enhancing drugs. It's kind of like Belleville Rendevous meets Tin Tin meets Trainspotting.

I'm stunned you've never heard of him before.

PonteD replied to farrell | 9 years ago
0 likes
farrell wrote:
dazwan wrote:

Lance who?

I'm stunned you've never heard of him before.

I was joking you know!  29 (I already knew he was the middle-aged woman with big hair in that Oprah interview, duh!  10 )

I really don't give him any thought though. Why should I? The worst punishment for someone like LA is if the entire world just ignored him and got on with their lives. Lets move on and worry about something else!

Whats the Tour de France BTW?

Pages

Latest Comments