Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

First road.cc ride

The idea of this site is to do more than bang up stories about cycling - we want to get out and ride out bikes with the people who use the site - hence the cc in our name.

So, we're entering a team in the Bikes4Africa Night Baton Relay at Hullavington airfield on the 20th of September, so not long then. From the blurb it sounds like a 12 hour night time enduro for road bikes (and a good cause), not done one of them before so we thought we'd give it a go. Good chance to test some lights too.

And we'd like you to join us. If you fancy being in the road.cc team ping us an email to info [at] road.cc.
Hullavington is near Chippenham out in the wild and wooly west – not that we're trying to put you off or anything…

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

DaveP | 15 years ago
0 likes

If you get notification of anything happening near Warrington, please let me know..... I might even put slicks on the MTB. :-)

(BTW, what does the CC stand for?)

Tony Farrelly replied to DaveP | 15 years ago
0 likes

Will do Dave.
As for the dot CC? On here it stands for Cycling Club… in other places it stands for Chinese Company

DaveP replied to Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

My experience of Roadies would lead me to think it should be "Can't Communicate"... Tight lipped buggers, I never get as much as a smile out of them. :-(

Tony Farrelly replied to DaveP | 15 years ago
0 likes

I know some vey friendly ones. Tight lips stop you getting flys in your teeth

the-daily-ripper replied to Tony Farrelly | 15 years ago
0 likes

I'd have been up for this, if it was more south-east / london based. No idea where Chippenham is!

Slim - I'm a regular in RP - living in surbiton. Drop me a line if you fancy a ride sometime. I'm on singletrack too with the same login.

Tony Farrelly replied to the-daily-ripper | 15 years ago
0 likes

about an hour down the M4 from West London, so not that far from Richmond… there's still a place left

Slim replied to DaveP | 15 years ago
0 likes

Couldn't agree more - I forget how many times I've lapped Richmond Park now, and the only person I've spoken to was an MTBer!

ourmaninthenorth replied to DaveP | 15 years ago
0 likes

Being miserable is something I usually see as the preserve of MTBers. Too cool to speak to you out in the hills; too busy checking out your bike to determine whether you're sufficiently fashionable enough to join their clique/niche.

Latest Comments