Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Looking for disc road hubs

Hello all,

I am looking for some hubs for a touring bike which will have disc brakes (6-bolt), but I'm having trouble finding any which are not just mountain bike hubs.
I'm after something more like a classic road hub, something quite slim and ideally in a bare alloy or plain anodised finish.
If you have any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
P

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

...and for good reason: they have to deal with higher twisting forces and a larger diameter tube is a good start. so you're unlikely to find a 6-bolt hub with the dimensions of a classic road hub, certainly i don't know of any though somebody out there might be able to point you in the direction of one. if you want something that's clean looking, well made and sturdy, i'd suggest a set of Hope Pro II hubs - okay they're not super-slim but functionally it's hard to do better, and you can get nice understated silver ones. As the basis for a touring wheel i reckon they're just about ideal.

cactuscat replied to dave atkinson | 15 years ago
0 likes

make some nice slimline disc hubs. they ain't cheap though!

http://www.amclassic.com

packer replied to cactuscat | 15 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the info guys. That makes sense about disc hubs being bigger. Have just been browsing online and discovered that shimano do some 6-bolt hubs (I thought they only did centerlock), so will probably go for something trusty like XT.
Cheers,
P

SteveAustin replied to packer | 15 years ago
0 likes

available from CRC

Latest Comments