Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Nice bit of driving on CS3 in East London

witnessed this during my morning commute, which takes in CS3 on cable street

IMAGE(http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb12258718/p5pb12258718.jpg)

bear in mind this is an elevated, segregated, permanent dual lane cycle path

refuse collection vehicle, marked as "Tower Hamlets" although crew had Veolia uniforms on.

Came across the scene to find a very upset women with a folding bike, the driver had caused her to crash. she was off her bike, walking around trying to calm down.

he then proceeded to abuse cyclists who challenged his behaviour, told them to "f*ck off" and gave them the finger

Then got back into the vehicle with his crew mates, and carried on driving down CS3, causing oncoming cyclists to swerve to avoid his vehicle, some going onto the pavement.

IMAGE(http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p6pb12258719/p5pb12258719.jpg)

I've emailed LB Tower Hamlets with photos, not holding my breathe we get any response...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Judge dreadful | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'd have jumped in the cab, put the van across the road, whipped the keys out, and put them down the nearest drain. Then see who got told to "f**k off".

bikebot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Nice. I had a car do something very similar about a week ago. It entered a protected cycle track and parked in it as I was heading towards it, so that I found myself braking sharply and stopping right in front of the bonnet.

So as I sat there, raising my hands in the universal manner of saying "what the hell are you doing", the driver just pointed to the left, (at the pedestrian path about 30ft away), and pulled the handbrake loudly to make it clear he was staying.

Unfortunately, the Police will usually say it's a matter for the council to deal with as a parking problem.

StuInNorway replied to bikebot | 8 years ago
0 likes

Parking on a pavement is "illegal" and not simply part of the parking regulations the council deal with. It's illegally and dangerously parked and therefore the police should remove the vehicle. Had he abandoned it in a "permit holder only" bay the council would have it away double quick. I've seen a car spotted and removed by Camden council inside of 3 minutes from being parked. . . .

Welsh boy replied to StuInNorway | 8 years ago
0 likes
StuInNorway wrote:

Parking on a pavement is "illegal" and not simply part of the parking regulations the council deal with. . . .

What is the significance of the word legal being in quote marks?

Bob's Bikes | 8 years ago
0 likes

And it didn't even have a cyclist stay back sticker on it!

fukawitribe replied to Bob's Bikes | 8 years ago
0 likes
FATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:

And it didn't even have a cyclist stay back sticker on it!

...he had it on the front.

Latest Comments