Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bikeinn - too good to be true?!

Has anyone bought bits and pieces from Bikeinn? Their prices seem too good to ignore however I've not tried them yet. 

I know they have various stores but I'd be surprised if they have more buying power than other massive online retailers. 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

Holio cornolio | 5 years ago
2 likes

I ordered a pair of fizik shoes. They sent the wrong size and refused to refund the postage. You take your chances. The return process was slow, confusing and laborious and the customer services is not great: Lackadaisical, dismissive and inflexible. But above all I just think it's disgusting to charge someone a fiver for delivering the wrong product. Added to which they 'don't do exchanges' so having sent the wrong product, when I came to reorder the price had increased. I'd pay the extra almost anywhere else or better yet LBS in future.

hainsy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Bikeinn are getting away with theft. We need to organise a class action

Zbor | 5 years ago
1 like

I ordered a Garmin Varia RTL 510, which then didn't work properly. The time it takes to return something is completely unacceptable! From pick up to opening the return took them one month. It took two weeks to get there. I then got an email dated 13 September...."Dear customer, Exactly. Today we are processing the parcels which arrived on Sept. 7th 2018. So in a few days your parcel will be opened, processed and the refund done." They then tried to replace the item instead of giving me a refund...I eventually got the refund this week...

If you want to speak to someone, the phone is maybe answered 1 in 10 times. Their web site doesn't work with Safari, and even with Google where they say it should work but doesn't.

Stay well away.....long wait for the original delivery and if you have to return it...a very very long wait.

stevecrowe | 5 years ago
2 likes

Terrible after-sales service & poor communication.
Bought a pair of Shimano Di2 shifters which after being bled multiple times by three different shops were returned to Bikeinn for a warranty claim.
The claim started on the 24th of August and is still ongoing.   
Whenever I ask for an update I get a standard looking reply, I've tried to complain but this falls on deaf ears.

My advice is to avoid buying from these guys....

Send wrong part... | 6 years ago
1 like

I have ordered a brake lever from BikeInn (https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sram-guide-rsc-g2/136634159/p?utm_source=go...), and received a different product. Instead of a complete lever I was sent a lever assembly - so no hose fittings or handlebar mount :-(.

On querying this I am told that I will receive product refund only, so forfeiting postage. I take this to mean that I was sent the wrong product, and that they intend to charge for the postage despite the wrong product being sent. I do not understand the ethics of this.

I raise this as an issue, and highlight the weeks of messages and email, both to BikeInn, and to the associated TradeInn 'support' team, with no progress. Please bear this in mind if intending to use this site.

eml1909 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Wiggle will price match BikeInn ....

gthornton101 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought a pair of Sidis from them earlier this year.  No complaints at all!

MattEdd | 8 years ago
0 likes

My other half just bought me some Castelli bibs off them, ordered a week ago, arrived today.  No issues.

The _Kaner | 8 years ago
0 likes

I used them a while back for a garmin 500 bundle at an unbelievably low price...item delivered in reasonable timeframe and had no issues with them at all...

Roadras | 8 years ago
0 likes

Took awhile to get here after they didn't put the correct postcode on the parcel. Customer services sorted out a partial refund. Glad I didn't need the Roubaix bibs before now.

tjm160 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I bought my Garmin Edge 1000 from BikeInn.  Quickly delivered and well packaged.  Granted only a single experience of the company.  However, combined with the price, considerably cheaper than any other company in the UK, I couldn't have asked for a better all round experience.

Cervelocyclist | 8 years ago
0 likes

Had some Dura ace 9000 wheels & Garmin Vectors. Both at a great price with delivery being a bit slow. Sent a Complaint email and received my postage back. 

Products both in original man's packaging.

Savings come from Euro rate and Tax savings. Look at wiggle if product is in stock, they will price match most if not all online dealers, spas do others nowadays.

graybags | 8 years ago
1 like

I've used them and yes they can be a bit slow and I have heard that returns can be a pain, but haven't personally had to return anything so don't have direct experience of this.

Goyt | 8 years ago
1 like

I've used them, they can be a bit slow with delivery but orders always arrive and with tracking too. I suspect they order items from their suppliers as the orders come in as there is a noticable delay. Fantastic prices. 

Serper1 replied to Goyt | 4 years ago
1 like

I would stay away from this company. I order a set of shimano shifter over a month ago. The package has been lost in the mail. Tried to get refund, forget about it, they still come back with the same thing: there transportation department is looking in to it. No change, no news, NOTHING. A complete rip off. I just lost 214$ cdn. 

Latest Comments