Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eating, Carbs and Keto

I have been on a Keto diet for 4 months, for those of you that don;t know this is basically a very low level of carbs.

In that time my calorie intake is basically the same but lost 10kg and even more benefit is I can compete say the Rise above sportive on no extra food during it. For training rides, can do 4 hours easy and my stats after an initial expected fall once fat adapted now storming up in front and constantly breaking Strava PB's.

None of this stuffing gels, or trying to eat a bar, or waiting at food stops to get a bannana. Nope just fill up the bottle and go. I compete last years Marmotte in 11 hours and usual thing of needing food with me, this year doing it again, aiming for up to three hours quicker and saving about an hour with no stopping.

The benefits as I see it are enormous, we know Chris Froome does it and I suspect most of the pro peloton at stages in their training.

So for the good readers here, what are you experiences if on Keto, have you thought about it and how many of you suffer from 'stomach issues' as I used to do with gels etc.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments