Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de France Competition

I am wondering why the The Tour de France Competition is not listed in Current Competitions as yet as I want o be able to join this? I am a standard palyer.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

15-1

See 'Scoring notes for this competition' at the bottom of the Stage Information page.

cherrypicked | 6 years ago
0 likes

Are the sprint points going to be scored 6-4-2 or 15 to 1?

0 likes

Only waiting on Quick-Step to finalise their roster. They need to drop two riders listed on their shortlist on PCS.

Stu192 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

Sorry if this is listed somewhere else (I can't find it).  What is the cut-off time each day for transfers? 

Condor Andy replied to Stu192 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Stu192 wrote:

Sorry if this is listed somewhere else (I can't find it).  What is the cut-off time each day for transfers? 

Cut-off time is different everyday, but is directly related to the start time listed on the official website.  We've tried to be as accurate as possible.  For example, Saturday's TT, the first rider down the ramp is listed as 15:15, so our deadline is 14:15.  So you can make changes right up until the flag drops to make allowances for late withdrawals or DNSs.

runaroundsioux | 6 years ago
0 likes

Looking forward to this one. As stated by "jollygoodvelo", which way do you go - sprinters or climbers or mix of both. So many to choose from. You just hope you pick the right combinations. Let the pain begin, and good luck to everyone.

fxceltic | 6 years ago
0 likes

See above

0 likes

It was a small oversight.  Budget increased and emails sent to notify you of the change.

fxceltic | 6 years ago
0 likes

so looking at cost of riders and 150 budget, with caveat that list is not yet complete, looks to me like a lot of purist teams will be the same due to massive cost of the riders you have to have, and limited value lower down the cost spectrum

doesnt look quite right to me, maybe increase budget to 175? Think thats what is was in the giro.

jollygoodvelo replied to fxceltic | 6 years ago
0 likes

fxceltic wrote:

so looking at cost of riders and 150 budget, with caveat that list is not yet complete, looks to me like a lot of purist teams will be the same due to massive cost of the riders you have to have, and limited value lower down the cost spectrum

doesnt look quite right to me, maybe increase budget to 175? Think thats what is was in the giro.

I haven't really looked at the list properly yet, but surely the point is that you can't always have all the riders you want?  Some people will have Froome, Contador, Porte and Valverde and others will go sprint or stage-hunting?

0 likes

It should be open now.  We were finalising start list and scoring notes.

The start list still isn't complete, but it will be edited throughout the week when the last teams finalise their rosters.

Latest Comments