Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

60% of UK parents want air pollution exclusion zones around schools

From the Grauniad: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/26/most-uk-parents-back...

Looks like some people (not the government, though) are starting to take air pollution seriously.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

Kristina29 | 5 years ago
0 likes

It's a good news though, huh?

brakesmadly | 6 years ago
0 likes

Presumably they only care about air quality for the 6 or so hours per day that their child is at school, but the other 18 hours per day and all weekend is open season?

NIMBYs.

Grahamd | 6 years ago
2 likes

The vast majority want no vehicles at or around schools to improve air quality...because they believe they are the exception who will then be able to park easily.

fukawitribe replied to Grahamd | 6 years ago
0 likes

Grahamd wrote:

The vast majority want no vehicles at or around schools to improve air quality...because they believe they are the exception who will then be able to park easily.

"vast majority"....     what pompous nonsense.

brooksby replied to fukawitribe | 6 years ago
0 likes

fukawitribe wrote:

Grahamd wrote:

Maybe its 51.89% of the parents - I think that constitutes a "vast majority", doesn't it?

fukawitribe replied to brooksby | 6 years ago
0 likes

brooksby wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

Grahamd wrote:

Maybe its 51.89% of the parents - I think that constitutes a "vast majority", doesn't it?

So you both know that the 'vast majority' of parents drive their kids to school and only want less cars so they can park easily.... seriously ? OK, i'm up for that - show us your figures.

Edit : removed the last snarky bit but seriously, the comment comes across as typical Daily Mail style sweeping generalisations based on nothing but bigotry and bias. I might be nice for folk on here to try and do somewhat better...

davel replied to fukawitribe | 6 years ago
1 like

fukawitribe wrote:

brooksby wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

Grahamd wrote:

So you both know that the 'vast majority' of parents drive their kids to school and only want less cars so they can park easily.... seriously ? OK, i'm up for that - show us your figures.

Edit : removed the last snarky bit but seriously, the comment comes across as typical Daily Mail style sweeping generalisations based on nothing but bigotry and bias. I might be nice for folk on here to try and do somewhat better...

One of those comments is what's known as a 'Brexitwhoosh'.

fukawitribe replied to davel | 6 years ago
2 likes

davel wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

brooksby wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

Grahamd wrote:

Ah - pooh - idiot self. Excellent point - apologies to brooksby. Thanks davel.

brooksby replied to fukawitribe | 6 years ago
1 like

fukawitribe wrote:

davel wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

brooksby wrote:

fukawitribe wrote:

Grahamd wrote:

Ah - pooh - idiot self. Excellent point - apologies to brooksby. Thanks davel.

yes

srchar | 6 years ago
1 like

13% opposed such measures, happy for their kids to suffer health issues so that they can drop them off right outside the school gates. Who are these people?

davel replied to srchar | 6 years ago
0 likes
srchar wrote:

13% opposed such measures, happy for their kids to suffer health issues so that they can drop them off right outside the school gates. Who are these people?

Every school has them. Some of the parking I've seen at my kids' schools... Reprobates would drive into the buildings and throw their kids out of the window if they could get away with it.

Latest Comments