Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tirreno stage 5

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

dc04dc | 6 years ago
1 like

I've learned that with a combination of crashes, mechanicals and bonehead picks, it's possible to fall from No. 5 overall to No. 30 in six days. I have three transfers for tomorrow -- I'm confident that all will crash or be struck by lightning.

Dr Winston replied to dc04dc | 6 years ago
0 likes

dc04dc wrote:

I've learned that with a combination of crashes, mechanicals and bonehead picks, it's possible to fall from No. 5 overall to No. 30 in six days. I have three transfers for tomorrow -- I'm confident that all will crash or be struck by lightning.

I set myself up lovely for tomorrow when i initially picked dc. 

I went for Dumoulin, Castroviejo, Thomas and Kelderman in my purist team...plus whoever was doing well in the GC in the standard team and hopefully one transfer for Denis inbound...

That would have been a very good day for me. 

Sadly i've done nothing but fight fires and have ended up really short of my initial plan...

Dr Winston replied to dc04dc | 6 years ago
0 likes

dc04dc wrote:

...and...I'm sure you didn't make any bone head picks if you were No5 to start with, a few unlucky picks maybe...sadly...

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Jeez....only 78 finishers....crikey.

JohnnyRemo replied to Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

I'm guessing there was a "cut off" for those lapped on the finishing circuit. Plus these guys are pros and don't normally see any point in finishing for the sake of finishing.

Dr Winston replied to JohnnyRemo | 6 years ago
0 likes

JohnnyRemo wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

I'm guessing there was a "cut off" for those lapped on the finishing circuit. Plus these guys are pros and don't normally see any point in finishing for the sake of finishing.

Sounds like it. 

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

I'm two down.

Anyone else catch how many riders finished Paris-Nice?

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Down to three riders now in the Purist race for Tirreno Adriatico...Anybody worse?

0 likes

I'm the opposite, but today was pretty good.  Paris-Nice was an excellent race.

Sniffer | 6 years ago
0 likes

Glad Paris - Nice is over, I have had a shocker. T-A going a bit better though.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Good day for me...208 pts in Terino and 2nd place for the day plus 220 pts in Paris Nice and finished 33rd overall.

I've had a shocker in the Terrino race...Picked badly to start with even though i got =13 for day one which left me needing to burn transfers straight away and then got snowed in somewhere so missed the deadline anyway for day 2... i've never really recovered. Plus i've managed to pick every injured pick possible i think across both Standard and Purist...

The mixture of stages for Terrino must make it one of the hardest fantasy races in the game all year?...is it?

0 likes

Yeah, I didn't make too many changes, but I got my team all wrong yesterday.  I'll take my good Paris-Nice and my crap Tirreno and even them out.

tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Interesting finish. 1.5km ave 5%, max 10%. Ideal for favorites Sagan and GVA. However it is immediately preceeded by 1.8km, ave 8%, max 16%.

Now in the stage 3 finish, 1.5km, ave 11%, max 20%, GVA was 16secs and Sagan 34 secs behind the winner, which says to me that if the GCs go for it on the penultimate climb, Sagan and GVA will be left behind (although Sagan is supreme downhill).

I'll stick with my GCs

Latest Comments