Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

What happened to Michal Kwiatkowski?

So former World champ, bagged multiple wins in classics, a bit of a start child for few months and now we hardly hear about his expolits, did i miss something ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

peted76 | 5 years ago
3 likes

Erm.. yes you've missed a lot of bike racing by the look of it.

This year so far he's won the Tirreno Adriatico and the Tour of Algarve..  Lat year he won Milan San Remo and Strade Bianchi.

Sky have had a bit of a stinker this year to be fair (not unexpected considering the circumstances), but Kwiatkowski has been fantastic in every race I've seen him in. His performance at the TdF last year as domestique for Froome was the performance of the race for many people (me included). 

One of the issues Kwiatkowski has is that Sky doesn't have a strong 'spring classics team' at Sky.. it's usually made up of a couple of stawlarts and the numbers appear to be made up by their neo-pro's. Also this year Stannard has been well off race pace and Rowe has been coming back from injury which has left them a bit short in the early start to the season.

Lazereyes replied to peted76 | 5 years ago
0 likes

peted76 wrote:

Erm.. yes you've missed a lot of bike racing by the look of it.

This year so far he's won the Tirreno Adriatico and the Tour of Algarve..  Lat year he won Milan San Remo and Strade Bianchi.

Sky have had a bit of a stinker this year to be fair (not unexpected considering the circumstances), but Kwiatkowski has been fantastic in every race I've seen him in. His performance at the TdF last year as domestique for Froome was the performance of the race for many people (me included). 

One of the issues Kwiatkowski has is that Sky doesn't have a strong 'spring classics team' at Sky.. it's usually made up of a couple of stawlarts and the numbers appear to be made up by their neo-pro's. Also this year Stannard has been well off race pace and Rowe has been coming back from injury which has left them a bit short in the early start to the season.

Yeah, it's been busy year, thanks for your exhaustive answer!

Latest Comments