Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

I didn't know Road.cc gets involved with hot political issues. What do you think?

I didn't know Road.cc gets involved with hot political issues on it's front page.

I would like to believe road.cc didn't get involved in matters that is not related to Cyling. I guess this is when shit hit the fan.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

PRSboy | 5 years ago
2 likes

Anyway, it shouldn't be an issue come tomorrow...

olic | 5 years ago
1 like

err, have you read any of the previous replies?

ktache | 5 years ago
3 likes

It's the adverts for Audis that really annoy me!

Tony Farrelly | 5 years ago
3 likes

Yes, stuff like that is nothing to do with us.
I'd guess it's down to location or at least where your IP address suggests you are, which obviously isn't the same thing as where you actually are. There are criteria in place with our ad networks to prevent stuff like that getting through so I'm surprised to see it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention we'll flag it up with our ad network.  

PRSboy | 5 years ago
2 likes

Not coming up on mine... maybe location, or articles you've read, cookies etc.

Agreed though, I'd imagine the editors would prefer the site remained neutral on non-cycling related political issues.

guinom8 | 5 years ago
0 likes

guinom8 | 5 years ago
0 likes

FlyingPenguin replied to guinom8 | 5 years ago
0 likes
guinom8 wrote:

Nothing to do with Road.cc, the little blue triangle in the top right corner indicates it's a third party ad. These are served through DoubleClick which chooses ads appear based on what they (as part of Google) know about you including location. Beyond opting to only show "family safe" ads, sites don't get to choose what ads they show.

If you want to understand the definition of "family safe" in this context:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6023699 (The tl;dr version is if there are no visible nudity or sex acts, and you're not selling illegal sex related products or services, it's "family safe")

guinom8 replied to FlyingPenguin | 5 years ago
0 likes

I understand  that Road.cc uses add to help to finance the website. And I believe it is up to road.cc to manage what ad is shown.

I understand that it depends of location, cookies, browse history and all that ads shown to each person is different and will be based in their location and interests.

However, getting ads with a "No Vote" won't bring more people or cyclist enthusiast to access raod.cc because the "No Vote" ad and therefore increase income on clickview/DoubleClick. But I'm pretty sure it surely will lead to cyclist that already access Road.cc on a regular basis and are strong supporters of "Yes Vote" to stopping using Road.cc.

Although it is a third party ad, it is shown on Road.cc website, therefore Road.cc should be able to manage whatever third ad is shown on its website.

This is 8th amendment issue is all over the place.

The last thing I want is to access my favourite cycling website and relax my mind and not see ads regarding hot political issues that I’m tired of, hence the reason that made me access the cycling website, that is to forget about all this.

I just think that road.cc is for cycling and cycling related issues. At least I believed that it was the case.

Latest Comments