Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

GT GRADE

Hello, guys i want to ask you one question!

I want to buy a cyclocross bike.

Found one at rutlandcycling.com

This is the bike https://www.rutlandcycling.com/bikes/road-bikes/gt-grade-cx-rival-2017-c...

The price is low and I don’t know is this bike brand new or  ex-display, demo?

what do you think is the bike good for the money,i will use it most ot the time in city,and maybe weekends on the eco trails.This will be my first cyclocross bike.I also want to ask you is the site legit,becaus i found negative coments on internet for this seller.

And my last question is what size should i buy?I am 179-180cm size 55 or size 56?

Sorry for my english it is not my first language.Thanks you very much!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

The Gavalier | 5 years ago
0 likes

I’m 5’10” and have the 55cm so that size would be perfect for you. Nothing wrong with Rutland Cycles either, one of the fairly big retailers. Excellent bike that’ll do anything except pedalling down fast descents - single ring means you spin out over 30mph. I put an 11-36 cassette on and it gets me up anything the North Yorkshire Moors has to offer. 

kevvjj | 5 years ago
0 likes

That's a great price for what is a cracking bike. It is a reputable store both online and shopfront. The GT grade frames are BIG for their size so go the smaller frame if you would normally buy the bigger frame.

The SRAM Rival gear is fabulous too.

I might add that if you are taking it off road that 32 tooth rear cog will be a struggle up anything remotely steep.

Latest Comments