Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

suspension seatpost on gravel bike?

just thinking of getting a cheap type suspension seatpost as some of the routes I do on my gravel bike are pretty rough at speed. I know I could just slow down a bit, but wheres the fun in that! Already using tubeless 700x40 at 35psi and decent saddle/bib shorts. The ones im looking at  have about 40mm of movement like the Zoom or System Ex ones.

Anybody else have any direct experience with suspension seatposts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

bechdan | 5 years ago
0 likes

jterrier - any make/model or link please?

Jimthebikeguy.com | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeah,the canyon vcls 2 type. I have a ebay chinese knock off version, its bloody brill. Too much suspension in your seatpost actuallymakes things worse, but one of those is subtle enough to do the job.

bechdan | 5 years ago
0 likes

yes thank you phil Ive read that im looking for user responses

antigee | 5 years ago
0 likes

not quite suspension but I have both the older and newer specialized cgr seatposts which if you have matching seatpost dia (27.2mm i think - check) can be picked up 2nd hand relatively cheaply (compare to new) probably love or hate - the newer style looks awful and for me no better than the old which def works for me on corrugated gravel roads - if riding rocky stuff then mtfu or mtb :smiley)

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have the canyon vcls leafspring suspension seat post, it really takes edge off big bumps and makes for a smoother ride overall.

Latest Comments