Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon delivery delays July 2018

Afternoon all,

anyone else experiencing delays with canyon? Purchased a canyon ultimate during the TDF sale and was told it was ready for immediate dispatch.

Two weeks have know gone past and I have had no update in terms of an updated delivery date less a message I sent via their live chat.

The customer service agent informed me their was an issue with the production and I would get an update very soon. I’ve heard nothing since.

Perhaps I am the idiot for disregarding all the dramas canyon has recently had but apparently this had all been sorted.

Pretty poor experience so far considering I have spent 3k on a bike. Seriously considering cancelling the order.

Anyone else had similar experiences recently with Canyon?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

runwithoneless | 5 years ago
0 likes

Is anyone else still waiting for a delayed Inflite AL SLX? I ordered mine at the end of August and it was supposed to ship mid September.  I emailed customer service and they (a human) said the frames had arrived at the factory and everything was on track for shipping date.  Then the same person emailed again and said the bike would be delayed until first week of October. Now I've recently recived an automated email saying it's not due to ship until the third week of October.

Alessandro | 5 years ago
0 likes

Canyons do seem reasonable value for money (although the value for money is nothing like it was a few years ago) but the continual issues that people seem to encounter has put me off ever considering one. I imagine that the vast majority of sales are completed with no issues but a company selling relatively premium products should not be giving this customer experience, even if it is a small percentage of orders. 

EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
0 likes

Mine came about a week after I ordered it in June...I wonder if you got caught up in a busy period due to the sale?

Great bike though, best one I've had.

ibr17xvii | 5 years ago
0 likes

Disappointing to read your experience with them.

As above when I ordered mine the site said middle of September & I've had it 3 weeks now.

Had a couple of minor gripes with how it was set up out of the box (front disc rubbing & front mech miles out) but they sorted it out quickly & without fuss.

MickPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

Update: Email from UK office:

It won't be shipped this week!

result: I have cancelled my order.

What a rubbish company.

MickPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

Update: I tried their 'Live Chat';

I placed an order for a bike; Customer Number XXXXXX and was told it would be dispatched this week. Can you confirm that please?
3:06 PM
3-7th sept?
3:08 PM
Yes

So it could take up to the end of Friday before it goes into dispatch
3:08 PM
But I want to know whether that will happen! I have already had it delayed twice - the original delivery was the beginning of August!!!!!
3:09 PM
At the moment everything is looking ok for your order
3:10 PM
So are you saying it will *definitely* be dispatched this week?
3:11 PM
It is in line to be dispatched this week
Can you say which day?
Not currently, when it goes into dispatch you will receive an email with a UPS tracking number
3:13 PM
I'm sure, but with two failed delivery dates & the rather poor reviews you have been getting on Social Media it would be nice to have a better idea of when I can expect the bike!
3:14 PM
As I say, once the bike is in dispatch and you receieve the tracking number you will have a good idea of the date of delivery
3:16 PM
So you don't know at what stage the bike is at on the production line, nor when it will actually be dispatched?
Its in the production process. This is as much detail as I have at the moment
3:17 PM
I was told that three weeks ago!

.... No response from Canyon......

3:17 PM
I guess this conversation is at an end then...

Rather facetious comment from my 'Assistant' which annoyed me!

MickPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

I was promised my Inflite an the beginning of August, then the second week of August, then nothing until I contacted them and they finally said w/c 3rd September - which is this week! I have tried to contact them for an update but no response to either the website contact or via the UK distributor. Already missed one CC, will probably miss the second & who knows....

Massively unimpressed at the communication, delivery delays (my order was placed 7 weeks ago which I thought was plenty of time).

Seriously thinking of cancelling.

Teamsagamaster | 5 years ago
0 likes

I’m also experiencing delivery problems with Canyon. Missed out on the Inflite model I wanted last season, out of stock but they had lots of frames but wouldn’t build a bike using one of them . So this year I’m waiting for new models to be released & as soon as that happens I’m on it. Ordered an Inflite in June, told delivery will be 6th August, that’s now been pushed back three times & told it will be 10th September. I’m going to miss at least 4 CX races before it arrives, if it ever does arrive. They again have frames in stock but won’t use one to build the bike...”it’s a different production line”... a mate phoned up yesterday to enquire about a frame as the bike he would like is late October delivery, Canyon promised him the frame would be with him by next Friday.... 

Russell Orgazoid | 5 years ago
0 likes

Take them to your LBS to build them up for you.

ibr17xvii | 5 years ago
0 likes

Ordered an AL DIsc 7.0 a couple of weeks ago.

When I ordered the site said the middle of September for delivery which was fine as I'm in no rush. However once I'd paid & got email confirmation that says the end of August.

Will be interesting to see when it dfoes actually turn up.

KayG | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi,

I am going through a similar experience as you. My Inflite AL SLX 6.0 was supposed to be shipped sometime between July 23rd - July 27th. But the delivery estimate was shifted by two weeks. Now it is expected to be shipped out sometime between Aug 6 and Aug 10th.

I have contacted canyon (over twitter) but no-one has replied back. Hope we get our bikes soon.

Pushing50 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Purchased my Ultimate July last year. It stated online that the bike was ready for delivery and in stock. After waiting for two weeks with no indication that the bike had been dispatched I thought that there must be something amiss, so Icontacted their customer helpline. I was told that although it states ready and in stock, the levers had to be changed from continental setup to opposite UK setup. This could take anytime from 2 weeks onwards depending on demand.

Two days later and the bike was dispatched! They were not telling me porkies and the service that I recieved was excellent once all was explained. The Ultmate though was better than excellent!!!

It will be worth the wait (TdF is still ongoing at time of writing) but I would get back in touch to find out what the short delay is (production or lever arrangement) and when you will likely recieve the bike. I wouldn't cancel my order for a few weeks.

Milkfloat | 5 years ago
0 likes

I was burnt a few years ago by Canyon, I could cope with production issues, but continual lies and being ignored was totally unacceptable.  For me it is how a company deals with an issue that’s is important, not that the issue occurred in the first place.

BobbyG | 5 years ago
0 likes

Ordered mine on 15th, arriving tomorrow!

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Canyon had well-publicised issues a few years ago, they don't seem to have many issues now.

You'll find a few people posting in various places (generally for the first time) complaining about Canyon's customer service (quite a few of these posts are something along the lines of "I crashed/misused my bike and it broke, I demand a full refund").

You'll also find a few where people genuinely have waited a few weeks for their bikes from Canyon - this does seem to be a bit more of an issue with sale bikes. 

I, like quite a few others, have a Canyon - I have had no problems at all - in fact, I found their customer service superb! My friends who have bought Canyons have had a similarly good experience.

sergius | 5 years ago
0 likes

Ordered myself an ultimate in April, they quoted 2 weeks but it arrived in one.  I'd previously ordered a Inflite which again arrived in a couple of weeks.

Considering when I bought my Rose previously I ended up waiting 2 months, and for my Hunt wheels I ended up waiting almost 4 months.

Basically - the well publised issues Canyon had a couple of years back are well gone.  If they've a production issue I'd take their word for it.

You won't regret waiting for an Ultimate btw - amazing bike.

Latest Comments