Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Binck Bank Tour Intermediate Sprints

I think this question cropped up last year too.

Do riders get points for the Primus Sprints or for the Golden KM Sprints or both ?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

tony kappler | 5 years ago
0 likes

Primus sprints are scored 10,8,6,4,2 in the race, but for the first time ever I heard it mentioned on the broadcast that they get an extra point if they are 30 seconds ahead of the peloton and 2 points if they are 1 minute ahead when they do the sprint. Hence in Cycling News, eg, De Bondt picked up 18 points in the 2 Primus sprints, but is sitting at 24 points in the sprint classification, so the breakaway must have been a total of 3 minutes ahead at those 2 points.

tony kappler | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yes, that's how it was last year; golden km ignored.  Binck Bank is notoriously hard to get int sprint results sometimes, and the combativity classification never seems to quite reflect the points scored in the Primus sprints, which makes it impossible to work backwards. Sometimes the only way to get int sprint results is to view the race.

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Don't think we score the Golden KM, only the Primus Sprints which count towards the sprint comp. Other admins can confirm, but I believe we just ignored the Golden KM.

Latest Comments