Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Token Ninja

My Cannondale SuperSix Evo has started to develop the dredded 'Cannondale Creak'. 

Has anyone used the Token Ninja bottom bracket kit? More specifically, has anyone used it on a Cannondale frame to stop a creak? Is it something that people would recommend, or an alternative?

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

The _Kaner | 5 years ago
0 likes

I have the TF24  variant (Shimano BB86) fit on both my bikes (Giant Defy Adv 2-E and Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 6.0).

The Giant had a defective BB from the start, but as I purchased it online (from Germany) I decided to just replace the BB myself.

The first TF24 I bought came with the kit, various frame bushes BB30/386 etc. and the associated adapter to allow fitting, the 2nd BB I bought was the BB alone (for the Canyon bike which didn't actually need a new BB but I thought, may as well change it and 'future-proof' the almost inevitable creaky, skweaky(sic) press fit saga that many have encountered) and  it was slightly cheaper as no fitting kit etc..

I have had absolutely zero issues with either since fitting, over 2k kms on each bike...I'd heartily recommend them. Obviously I can't say if the Cannondale variant will be good, bad or ugly...but the build quality of the Token BB is excellent. I guess it all comes down to the actual frame, and both mine were ok with no BB shell issues on the frames.

Ease of fitting 10/10.

Peace of Mind 10/10

Cost 9/10 - initial outlay for 1st 'full' kit and also BB removal tool.

Latest Comments