Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

MERIDA SCULTURA 400 vs ROSE PRO-SL 2000 vs CANYON ENDURACE AL 7

Hello. I'm researching for a roadbike for a few months now. The thing is that I narrowed the list at 3 bikes:
1. MERIDA SCULTURA 400 (listed at 8.8 kg, with Shimano 105 groupeset)
2. ROSE PRO-SL 2000 (listed at 8 kg, with Shimano 105 groupset - from what I heard the real weight is around 8,4-8,5 kg)
3. CANYON ENDURACE AL 7.0 (listed at 8,4 kg, with Shimano 105 groupeset - the real weight again is around 8,5 kg)
My first choice was ROSE, but at this time of the year they don't have small sizes anymore (by the way, I'm about 165 cm tall and have a 73 cm inseam, so my guess is that I would need a 50 size frame). I found only good reviews and seems to know what they are doing.
The second choice would be Canyon, but lately I started to read more and more bad reviews about delivery process, failures in frames and components, etc. I also tried to contact Canyon a few times for different info and they didn't reply me at all, or I had to talk to some guys that didn't know anything about the subject and also didn't want to help. That made me think twice.
So I decided to order a Merida Scultura
from my local dealer (I owned a Ride 100 for about 3 years, no problems at all), as soon as the discounts start. A quick switch of the wheels and it should be at around 8,4 kg.
My budget is maximum 1200 euros.

So, I wanted to ask you, what are your opinions about the decision I took? Do you guys recommend something else out of those 3 bikes mentioned above? Did you have any kind of experience with those brands? Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English skills.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

ADRIAN.ALBU12 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hi. Thank you very much for your opinion. I also think that most of people that are posting are the ones that had some kind of problems, the others are usually out riding  1 But I had to ask since more and more people are complaining. Merida was the lasr choice because I would have to change a few components and the budget is an important factor for me too. Will see in fall, when the discounts usually starts. Hope you enjoy your bike, take care and have a great evening. Thanks again for your comment.

mike the bike | 5 years ago
0 likes

Bought my Canyon over a year ago, as the furore about their poor delivery was subsiding, and I can only say good things about them.  They delivered exactly on time, in perfect condition and were helpful with a couple of e-mail queries.  Nothing has broken or failed or given the slightest cause for concern.  

The bike was priced at least 20% below the equivalent shop-bought models and, for me, budget was an important factor.  I know I could have supported my LBS but, in all honesty, they have sometimes disappointed and I chose to buy on the internet with a clear conscience.

As a matter of interest, a Rose was my second choice and if the Canyon had not been available I would have shopped there.

Best of luck. 

Latest Comments