Home

Canyon have updated their Grail range already but across the range the bikes are all 200g heavier. I can't seem to work out why. What am I missing?

I'm comparing between old & new 105 and Ultegra models. Sram is new for 2019. All the spec looks the same with the exception of tan walled Schwalbes. Have they changed the frame, or even their famed 'hover bar'?

34 comments

Xenophon2 [13 posts] 2 months ago
1 like
brettoau wrote:

Ordered mid August as soon as the 2019 models went on sale for a mid Nov delivery. Delayed 3 times already with the estimated dates just passing with no contact. CC was finally billed so I thought it must be close to shipping, but now estimated date has gone out to mid March... Not keen on the giant revolt, so may just buy a new road bike instead.

Shockingly bad customer service and communication.  At the very least they owe you an explanation and an apology.  Were I in your shoes, I'd probably have cancelled by now.  I'm sure it's a very fine bike (well, I have one on order after all) but some of the competition I'm sure are also fine and have the benefit of being available right now, not as last year's model at this year's price.  We'll see how it goes but if I catch even the whiff of a possibility of delays that would mean I won't have it by spring, cancel the order I will, then I'll don the hair shirt, put ashes on my head and trek to my local bike pusher for relief.

Xenophon2 [13 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

Yay, received the bike last friday!  All good, assembly was easy but I'd recommend taking a look at their Youtube vid of 'Grail unboxing' rather than reading their brick of a manual that's not model specific (good luck with finding out how to tension the seatpost reading their bible).  Happy to say that their sizing tool is spot on, I was worried that a size M would be too small for my 182 cm but it's actually perfect.  Will post a review once the new toy syndrome has worn off.

longassballs [123 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

How's the ride?

Getting serious second thoughts, especially after the cx worlds at a weekend. Would an Inflite be enough bike for me? I really don't know

brettoau [5 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I got sick of the constant delays and cancelled my Grail order. 

Now seriously looking at the Giant Revolt Advanced 0 2019 which is in stock at my local dealer. Then I would put some compass 700x44c tyres on it - https://www.compasscycle.com/shop/components/tires/700c/compass-700c-x-4...

Pages