Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dangerous Driving OK if Parking Fees are Too High

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-45599295

"The court heard the parking attendant ended up on the car bonnet and was driven along a road for several hundred yards when he tried to stop Benbow leaving."

Hope his teaching career is short lived.

Still, best crack down on those dangerous cyclists.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

Hirsute | 5 years ago
2 likes

Elsewhere the Manchester evening news has

The judge told Benbow: ''You are fortunate indeed that I have faced these facilities myself recently.

"Whilst I am 100pc against your behaviour and losing self control, I am 100pc against the airport behaving in this manner against people who have no or little choice at dropping their families at the airport in this way.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/jud...

Although I have read some argue this did not affect the judgment.

I made a blunder of reading some DM comments as well.

Elsewhere:

"Sorry your honour, but I had to glass him as I felt the price of a pint was too high and it made me very angry".

pockstone replied to Hirsute | 5 years ago
4 likes

Elsewhere:

"Sorry your honour, but I had to glass him as I felt the price of a pint was too high and it made me very angry".

"I also was charged £3.25 for a pint of beer recently and  (despite my judicial salary of over £100,000 a year) I agree that this is outrageous. You are free to go with no stain on your unblemished character."

ktache | 5 years ago
2 likes

It was only 3 or 4 quid, and you might hope that a teacher would be able to handle stress a slightly bit better.

brooksby replied to ktache | 5 years ago
0 likes

ktache wrote:

It was only 3 or 4 quid, and you might hope that a teacher would be able to handle stress a slightly bit better.

Maybe he holds it in during termtime and then has to let off steam...?  Teachers have a hard life, I hear (so told to me all the f-ing time by my inlaws who are all teachers surprise).

I wonder if m'lud attacks the membership secretary at the club, complaining that the dies are far too high...

Mungecrundle | 5 years ago
2 likes

It's official, you are now allowed to assault any person you consider is charging too much for parking or access to a private stretch of road.

Q. Does this exemption only apply to using a car as your weapon of choice or does it extend to any method of intimidation? Also are traffic wardens now fair game in the eyes of the law or is it only parking attendants working at airports?

Clarification is needed before someone makes an error of judgement and gets unfairly punished.

EddyBerckx | 5 years ago
2 likes

Assault with a deadly weapon. Should be in prison. The parking attendant should sue.

madcarew | 5 years ago
1 like

Hopefully the Judge's contract is pretty damn short lived as well

vonhelmet | 5 years ago
5 likes

That judge sounds like a nutcase. Not sure how he can keep his job if he’s going to show such a ridiculous lack of objectivity.

CygnusX1 | 5 years ago
2 likes

Hopefully Alty GSG (a well respected school in the area) will decide that driving with disregard for human life is not compatible with the ethics of the school, and terminate his contract.

Latest Comments