Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Power Meter Help

Gents, Ladies,

Bit of a first world problem, here... I just received a a set of Powertap P1S pedals which I had intended to use with my Polar M460 head unit for Training Properly. Polar lists the P1S as compatible so I thought that the pairing process would be plain sailing... Unlike my Powerpod which paired then staunchly resisted sending any data to the head unit... 

I fitted the pedals, put in the battery that Powertap kindly provides (yes, the right way around) spun them up to wake them, sucessfully paired them to the head unit, can see that they are a sensor in use when I start my ride. I also set the crank length and customised the displays on Polar Flow  to give cadence and power etc... But the '"calibrate power meter2option does not show up and I get no data from them when riding. Nada. Nothing. No power, no cadence, no nothing. it really is a bit of a bugger.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Both head unit and pedals are new out the box.

Answers on a postcard...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Crampy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Ok! A firmware update fixed it. Cheers guys!

Crampy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Good replies, thanks! 

I have checked the powertap app and there is a firmware update available. I will update this then try again.

This is over BLE, since the Polar M460 is bluetooth only. 

andyp | 5 years ago
1 like

use the powertap app.

Liam Cahill | 5 years ago
1 like

Any mobile app that you can use for setup? Check transmission options, is it sending data via ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart? Firmware updates for both? 

Latest Comments