Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of Turkey

Mmmm....From the little i can see so far this looks like a bit of a "samey" sort of a race with sprinters involved in the main. Gonna be hard to squeeze those extra points out for a good finish. Those graphics make each stage look more dramatic than they actually are.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

tony kappler | 5 years ago
0 likes

I scored Lombardia before stage 5 Turkey which I think caused season leagues to not update, but note that the banner on the dashboard page gives your correct season score. You are still no 1, 80 points ahead, with Theuns and Sanz vs Ulissi and Prades.

triccky100 replied to tony kappler | 5 years ago
0 likes

tony kappler wrote:

I scored Lombardia before stage 5 Turkey which I think caused season leagues to not update, but note that the banner on the dashboard page gives your correct season score. You are still no 1, 80 points ahead, with Theuns and Sanz vs Ulissi and Prades.

Thanks Tony, as expected that combination did not quite work out for me!

triccky100 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for score update (Tony or Andy?). I may be wrong but it looks like the TOT Stage 5 scores have not been added to the overall season leagues? Cheers

0 likes

Sorry guys, you had to wait until the sun came up Down Under to get scores for stages 3 & 4. Don't know about stage 5 (or Lombardia). I'm not available til late and I don't think Andy is either. Scoring is an interesting phenomena; Andy has done most of it this year (and race setups as well); otherwise someone just jumps in to do it; very laisse faire and non structured; all volunteers.

JAndrewHill | 5 years ago
0 likes

Any scores for stage 3?

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

@Minard...Personally i've not been stung too much by not getting Drucker on day one, would have been better if i had of course, because i'd boiled it down to Theuns or Drucker for my team...so yes...wrong choice but not a disaster...and i have Drucker now.

However...I'm really naffed off that i kept Fellini as my cheap pick. I'd decided he was a kak pick who may only be good for stage four this time and just a lazy pick based on the race profile. I'd narrowed down the cheapies to about four or five better picks (sprinters) and decided to wait until the morning to see what Zweeler offered up as fancied riders on the morning of kick off (they were late to the game)..i cocked up because i didn't realise just how early the roll out was and missed it. DOH.

archieboy | 5 years ago
1 like

Apparently Hodeg got a 10sec penalty for pushing a member of another team.

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Confused the hell out of me too Tony, didn't read anything about it, just assumed there was some kind of penalty. I'll double check today.

0 likes

Hodeg was 4th in the stage and hence should be sitting at 6th on the GC, but PCS and Cycling News  have him at 90th, 20 secs down.  The only thing I can think of is that he got a 10 second penalty for some infringement, but then why wouldn't he be 90th on the stage?  The official website has him at 4th on GC as if there are no bonus seconds for the int sprint.

Has anyone an idea on what has happened?  Maybe the race results will be corrected tomorrow!!!

0 likes

Poor Gaviria crashed with 5km to go, but he still finished! That means fantasy owners will still pick up 10 points for him and 5 points assist for Richeze!

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Poor Gaviria crashed with 5km to go, but he still finished! That means fantasy owners will still pick up 10 points for him and 5 points assist for Richeze!

Hardly matters as i bet very few didn't have him. The big difference was Drucker i would imagine. I went with him in purist but not in standard.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Hardly matters as i bet very few didn't have him. The big difference was Drucker i would imagine. I went with him in purist but not in standard.

Unfortunatley I swapped Drucker out at the last minute and replaced him with Garcia Cortina.

Drucker's positioning has always been excellent and his recent form is good but I thought Garica had a better lead out and has slightly better form over the season.

I think the 3 point riders will make a difference too.  I based my picks on young riders but it now looks as though they scrapped that competition for this year .

0 likes

The form gauge is a little broken. I think it was pointed out to Dave earlier on in the season and fixed, but now it's out of whack again. The form graph on the riders cards is accurate though.

And yes, this week's spotlight is on Italy's one-day races, of which only Il Lombardia is WT. I'm tempted to ditch Turkey next year in favour of a more comprehensive Autumn Classics competition, but that would mean moving away from the current World Tour set up we have. I'll be pitching it to Dave after Guangxi.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

The form gauge is a little broken. I think it was pointed out to Dave earlier on in the season and fixed, but now it's out of whack again. The form graph on the riders cards is accurate though.

And yes, this week's spotlight is on Italy's one-day races, of which only Il Lombardia is WT. I'm tempted to ditch Turkey next year in favour of a more comprehensive Autumn Classics competition, but that would mean moving away from the current World Tour set up we have. I'll be pitching it to Dave after Guangxi.

Autumn classics would be great. I like the fact that they're much more hit and hope as oppose to the tours when you have to think about youth/point/KOM jerseys as well as breakaway, GC and race day points. It's a nice mix you've got going if you had a big one day competion in the first half of the season and a big one in the second half as well to sit alongside all the tours...also...I think i mentioned it before...quite a few of the secondary Tours have a much better line up than a few of the WT events as well, and crucially, a much better variety of stages for us within those tours.  

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

How has Theuns got a form of 31.2?...have I missed something...or is he coming in disguise as Viviani ?

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Just seen the line ups for the upcoming one day races Andy, really good. This is definitely a poor relation.

0 likes

Yep! I agree. Gotta look at the numbers on the x-axis. I was debating how many to label as 'Flat' and 'Medium Mountains', but in all honesty, most will end in a sprint. Last year it was 5 sprints from 6 and the GC was decided on stage 4. This year will be a carbon copy in all likelihood.  Same groups of riders, Bennett, Theuns, Consonni for the sprints with a wild Gaviria showing up too. Ulissi favourite again for the overall?

Latest Comments