Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

28mm tire clearance on CAAD12.

Hi there,

I'm looking to put a little comfort on my bike throughout the winter and therefore I've been looking to buy some 28mm tires. I'm a little in doubt about the clearance, if the Cannondale CAAD12 with rim brakes, can fit 28mm tires. I'm currently riding on Bontrager Aeolus Pro 5 TLR Clinchers wheelset. 

Does anyone know or have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Alex

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

ShaunC | 4 years ago
0 likes

On a 2018, Durano 28s on Mavic Ellipse fit but you need to fit the wheel with the tyre deflated to clear the (Ultegra) rim brakes and then inflate once fitted. Also means you need to deflate the tyre if you want to remove the wheel to clean the bike.

ibr17xvii replied to ShaunC | 4 years ago
0 likes

ShaunC wrote:

On a 2018, Durano 28s on Mavic Ellipse fit but you need to fit the wheel with the tyre deflated to clear the (Ultegra) rim brakes and then inflate once fitted. Also means you need to deflate the tyre if you want to remove the wheel to clean the bike.

I'm running DT Swiss RR21 wheelset with GP4000 28's & same situtation for me.

Either need to deflate the tyre or wind out the barrel adjuster all the way to get the wheel through 105 brake calipers.

gerradferrier | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've just put on some Maxxis re-fuse 32mm and they run well.
Did a 60 mile gravel ride yesterday with no issues.

gerradferrier | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yep G-one speed (30mm) fits fine.

MoutonDeMontagne | 5 years ago
0 likes

Interested in this too, anyone tried G-one speeds (30mm)? 

AS78 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I also run 28's on mine and they have plenty of room. 

ibr17xvii | 5 years ago
0 likes

I run 28's on my CAAD12 from 2016 with no problems, you should be fine.

Latest Comments