Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

saddle sore / pressure one side

I seem to be getting saddle sore / pressure on one sit bone only, Ive had this on two different bikes with two different saddles so am getting quite confused. Ive checked the usual things like saddle alignment, height, fore/aft distance. Im right 'handed' and the sore is on my left sit bone which is opposite to what I would have thought.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

VeloUSA | 5 years ago
0 likes

Read this article on saddle sores by Leonard Zinn of Velonews , and why he went custom.

https://www.velonews.com/2018/10/bikes-and-tech/technical-faq/technical-...

bechdan | 5 years ago
0 likes

I was just thinking along those lines too, thanks for reaffirming.

How do you go about getting your legs measured?

Ill probably try stretches which is no bad thing anyway, and I might lower my saddle a smidge and if that solves it then possibly a cleat spacer in future.

Griff500 replied to bechdan | 5 years ago
0 likes

bechdan wrote:

How do you go about getting your legs measured?

Don't go getting the tape measure out, find a good sports physiotherapist. They will start by looking at posture to see if you have any obvious misalignment, including one leg shorter than the other, spinal problems, restricted movement, tightness, joint damage etc. This is their bread and butter.

If you don't know where to find one, ask around your circle for referrals, find out who the sports phsyio is for your local rugby / football club, and research Uni's in your area to see if they have sports science /physio departments. I know for example that Edinburgh Uni have excellent sports physios available to the public.

stucky | 5 years ago
0 likes

what the comments above said. if there is no leg discrepancy you probably have a tight harmstring on the left side, which prevents you from fully extending your leg and makes you lean to your left, putting more weight/pressure on that side. if that is the case, don`t use a cleat spacer, work on your flexibility. there are exercises and stretches you can do to work on it.

Butty | 5 years ago
0 likes

Get your leg lengths checked out. A cleat spacer sorted out a similar issue and ITB syndrome for me.

Windy Cyclist | 5 years ago
0 likes

I think you'd have to go to an osteopath to check out your whole body allignment as these things can be caused by restricted movement etc in limbs/joints no where near where the problem is noticed. I need to do this myself as I struggle to sit straight on the saddle which I think is due to doing a paper round when I was a kid for 3 years, 7 days a week with a heavy bag always on my right shoulder.

Latest Comments