Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Canyon Endurace 2019

I notice that the 2019 Enduraces are up on the Canyon website.

I also notice that the CF SL 8.0 is 500g heavier this year than last, when it appears to be exactly the same bike (bar some new paint jobs).

Any ideas?  Canyon, feel free to comment!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

BobbyG | 5 years ago
0 likes

Same (presumably stock) response I got. 

I genuinely would not have bought the bike if it was stated as being 8.1kg. Very difficult to know what to believe, and I must admit my owner experience has been soured by it somewhat. Then, I did buy “unseen” as per the Canyon sales model (but this is precisely why the integrity of the published data is all the more important).

Don’t get me wrong, this is a good bike, but I’m already looking for lighter wheels in order to bring the weight down.

breathwell | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've contacted the American helpline and they, similarly, could not tell me anything beyong "Canyon weigh their bikes at the beginning of the season".

I don't understand how the same model of the bike (Endurace CF SL 8.0)can be 500g heavier (7.6kg vs 8.1kg) with the same components. It's all very odd.

jacknorell | 5 years ago
0 likes

Di2 vs mechanical disc brakes are lighter as battery, junction box, and wires are lighter than shifter internals and cables with housing

BobbyG | 5 years ago
0 likes

Also just noticed that the (Ultegra) Di2 Endurace CF SL Disc is apparently lighter than that of the Mechanical Ultegra version (200g).  Same bike otherwise.

Surely not??!

bikezero | 5 years ago
0 likes

Well, I was about to add to this thread by mentioning that there is a full kg weight difference qouted between the standard 2019 Endurace CF 7.0 (1399 eur) and the 2019 8.0 (1899 eur) but seems literally in the last 24-48 hrs Canyon have edited the weight specs of the CF 7.0 to read 8kg instead of 8.5kg as it did for the last weeks (since it's introduction).
The 7.0 has Shimano 105 and Mavic Aksium wheels/tires, whereas the 8.0 has Ultegra and DTSwiss wheels/tires. I was having a very hard time understanding how that could equate to a full Kg difference but I guess 1/2 a Kg now makes perfect sense.

BobbyG | 5 years ago
0 likes

The response from Canyon is that the bikes are weighed at the start of each season before going on the website and that different paint jobs, and other production variations, may account for the change in weight.

For me that doesn't really answer why the 2019 Endurace CF SL 8.0 is heavier though, since the frame, wheels, tires, groupset etc are identical.

Anyway whatevs  1

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

My Ultimate was specced at 7.6 kg without pedals, when I weighed it, it measured 7.6kg. 

Canyon48 | 5 years ago
0 likes

My Ultimate was specced at 7.6 kg without pedals, when I weighed it, it measured 7.6kg. 

pnm | 5 years ago
0 likes

Re: the Endurace weight - I saw that too.

After a recent pre-purchase Retul fit it's one of the bikes on the top of my list.

I'll be interested to hear if the current stated weights are accurate. 

The new CF SL 8.0 blue colourway looks lovely. To Di2 or not? 

On another note, does anyone know if the Ultimates are also due an update soon please?

ibr17xvii | 5 years ago
0 likes

The AL Disc 7.0 seems to have had a downgrade in wheels as well  from DT Swiss to Mavic  Aksiums. Nothing wrong with the Aksiums but not as good as the DT Swiss IMHO  

Bike is the same £1349 price as well.  

BobbyG | 5 years ago
0 likes

Nope, sorry should have said...both disc. Have asked Canyon to clarify.

AfterPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

Disks vs caliper?

Latest Comments