Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

SKC demo in London today

Anyone else on the Funeral for the Unknown Cyclist today in central London?

I was really surprised, despite the somewhat depressing or unnerving title, and the fact that they had a horse drawn funeral cortege leading it, the event was a really positve experience. Made it from Holborn down to Parliament and then did a die in on the floor for about 10 minutes in the middle of what would normally be a very busy road.

From there it was onto Smith Square around the corner for flower laying and speeches. Best bit - it made the BBC news in London and put the groups aims quite well. £3Bn for national cycling infrastructure per year. 

All told it was a good day out and very well organised.

//bikesy.co.uk/features/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/stop-killing-cyclists-procession10-e1539461540428.jpg)
more on it here

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

Bob's Bikes | 5 years ago
0 likes

plus one

Bob's Bikes | 5 years ago
0 likes

I was also there and unfortunately have to agree that the turn out was a little on the low side considering the importance of the message. I met some really wonderfull people and enjoyed the splendid weather.

bry nylon | 5 years ago
2 likes

I was on it, was helping to carry the large banner behind the hearse ..

I thought it was a great day of action and the speeches in Smith Square with testimony from relatives of dead cyclists were very moving..

Well done to Road CC for publicising it - shame on Cycling UK & the LCC for not joining in and making it even bigger.. I'm a member of Cycling UK and I was disappointed to hear how they wanted no part of it and refused to spread the word..

Latest Comments