Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone else getting dodgy responses to Road.CC Classifieds?

Ive had 2 emails since posting my classified ad, see below

"Glad to hear from you.This sounds good and it's like we can come to an agreement,so keep the ad off market and consider sold to me.I am okay with the price £1700,your details is needed for payment to be issued out to you via post,in which reputable courier will handle the
shipment.

So do not worry about that OKAY.An excess money on the payment which would cover both the item bought and pick up will be on the cheque.All you need to do,Once the cheque clears in 2 working days,you are to deduct your payment,afterward the remaining funds in-cures shipping for the pick up at your location... I will send the shipping agent details when the payment clears.

Get back to me with your details as requested below:

Full name...

Residential address...

Cell Phone number...

Home Phone number...

I will await to hear from you with regard this as soon as possible.

Thank You.......Amanda.

N.B....And the cheque will have to be cleared before the pick up of the item."

And the other,

"Hi,
  Thanks for the mail.I want you to understand i have a professional
shipping company that deals with moving animals from one place to
another and they we be the one to do it for me as soon as you have
confirm the cheque payment clear in your account okay.I can confirm
the horse is going to caring & loving family okay.Hope to rad from you
soon with your details below:

NAME ON THE CHEQUE
HOME ADDRESS
POSTAL CODE
MOBILE AND LANDLINES

Mindyou,i will be responsible for the bank charges if required okay."

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

rkemb | 5 years ago
1 like

Also note as part of this that the money is usually credited to your account before the cheque has cleared (e.g. https://www.natwestinternational.com/nw/offshore-banking/current-account... ).

So the way it works is that after two days, you see the money in your account and send off the item (plus any overpayment). After six days the cheque fails to clear and the bank reduces your account balance by the cheque amount, by which time you've lost the item and any money you sent...

rkemb | 5 years ago
0 likes
Organon | 5 years ago
0 likes

Pass their details on to Joe Lycett.

Dr_Lex | 5 years ago
6 likes

On the plus side, I’ve used these responses to dispose of a number of unwanted items for free - asbestos containing materials, body parts and other hospital waste, broken appliances. A++++ would sell again...

/s

admin | 5 years ago
1 like

we've seen this on and off but it seems to getting more prevalent. we'll be turning the classifieds off in their current form soon, they may re-appear in a slightly different guise when the site gets redesigned.

Latest Comments