Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eddy Merckx Blockhaus 67

Hi,

Does anyone have comments/experience about this bike? I have found it at a nice price, but I am little worried about the frame quality. I could not find many reviews on internet. It is low weight for an alloy frame, so low that seems not true  1

I am new to road bike, coming from MTB.

Thanks

Best Regards

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

DaSy | 5 years ago
2 likes

Purely my personal opinion, but I would go for the Merckx.

It is a really well thought out and made frame from a quality manufacturer that will have a bit of cache when out on the road; I know that is not supposed to matter, but a lot of the joy of ownership is being proud of the bike, not purely its ability to perform the task.

pimenta86 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for your comment.

I have found it at aprox 820 euro, on taille XS (I am 1.61m). The bike weights 8.26 kg. I have not found other bike at this price with that weight crying

The competitors would be Btwin Ultra 920 (now at 1000 euro) or Btwin Ultra 900 (800 euro).

Btwin's have the advantadge I can buy in my city.

DaSy | 5 years ago
0 likes

It is triple butted and made from a high grade of aluminium (6069 rather 6061), so the quoted weight of 1150g for a medium (frame only) is entirely reasonable.

It is a classy sounding frame, but do expect it to be stiff and maybe a little harsh. I would not hesitate if it was at a good price personally.

Latest Comments