Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Green Flag blog - "Expert advice: How you can beat the Christmas food coma this year"

http://blog.greenflag.com/2018/xmas-food-coma/

Okay, I'm just about getting the hang of dealing with idiots, drunks, bampots, the functionally blind, and Audi drivers. But now we have a whole new kind of hazard. The "I've stuffed my fat face so much I'm falling asleep on my steering wheel" driver. Some words. And then other bad words.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

scrumpydave | 5 years ago
1 like

"nod off at the wheel for just three seconds on a motorway and you’ll cover the length of about four football pitches"

Not unless you're going over 200mph...

John Smith replied to scrumpydave | 5 years ago
0 likes

scrumpydave wrote:

"nod off at the wheel for just three seconds on a motorway and you’ll cover the length of about four football pitches"

Not unless you're going over 200mph...

Im guessing they either mean one football pitch, or they are assuming we are all customer success managers account managers sales reps in lane 3 of the M40.

don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
0 likes

Not just the food, having not read any reports on this though, is it? Other major contributors to drowsiness and poor learnig. aren't there?

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
0 likes

Did make me laugh the 'I'm a qualified nutritionalist and spent years studying the effects of food on the human body'. This is hardly new and is well known by many but never seemingly gets any media attention or actions by groups regarding safety. Surely anyone who has eaten a hearty meal knows that afterwards you get a bit laggy for a period of time, it's not limited to xmas meals.

Some 15 years ago I argued with my sons high school over their proposal to reduce the lunch break, I said this was a massive mistake as pupils would not have recovered from the post meal brain dip, thus their learning capability would be significantly reduced and in some cases could be dangerous were they would be operating certain equipment say in metal/wood work or CT classes and also in sciences. I produced evidence for this and at least whilst my son was there they did not change the lunch time period.

Also the thinking about having lunch too early in the day bang on 12 noon and having an equal amount of lessons post lunch is flawed. Same as when you do training days, post lunch no fecker really wants to be there and they are unfocussed and sleepy.

Latest Comments