Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

NeilPryde bikes

Anyone know what happened to NeilPryde bikes?

I have had my Zephyr for a couple of years and can't fault it but I was just looking for their site and you would be hard pressed to believe they ever existed as a bike brand such is the lack of presence. Obviously all their windsurfing stuff is still going strong but not only is there no indication of 2019 bike offerings, but apart from broken links to old sales pages on CRC and Wiggle,  if I wasn't sitting looking at mine right now I would think I had imagined their existence!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

minor_LEGEND | 4 years ago
0 likes

It would appear they have closed operations. A real shame.  I love my Zephyr to bits, when I bought it, it totally outclassed the Synapse or Roubaix I thought I wanted.  I think it's important to remember that for new brands entering the market, it's a difficult & costly effort to shine amongst the huge marketing budgets of the industry giants. New names come & go.  Neilpryde did seem to be making quite a push a couple years back on social media recruiting brand ambassadors & I did engage in conversation with Mike Pryde enquiring if any disc models were on the horizon, to which he said yes.  But Chapter2 has arrived since then. Mine came from a local bike shop but they ceased being dealers when Wiggle began to sell them at prices he couldn't comete with. Whether that cheapened the image or failed to sell the volumes, who knows?

bluemarina | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've really only seen them on wiggle and CRC tbh

Rapha Nadal | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've had direct dealings with Mike Pryde after 2 consecutive buraSL frames cracked.  Nice guy to deal with and was very hands on at NP.  Let's hope that approach has transferred over to his new venture.

PRSboy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Some quick googling reveals that the Michael Pryde, head of NeilPryde bikes went off and founded his own company.

https://uk.chapter2bikes.com/about-chapter2/?SID=d6lp200bfk8o18d2llm3fsr...

The Tere looks very similar to the old Bura.  I wonder if he bought the division out.

JF69 | 5 years ago
1 like

I think they folded.

Even their Facebook page disappeared, not before I could ask them for a geometry chart for the secondhand Diablo** I had purchased some months ago.

**Great bike btw, I would think so is the Zephyr.

Latest Comments