Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Dealclincher 4iiii power meter

Single sided 105-based power meter.  £200.  Someone explain to me why I shouldn't buy this right away?  Is it about to be replaced, are they incompatible with lots of bikes, are they just utterly terrible?  Seems a ridiculous bargain.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

eddiew | 5 years ago
0 likes

I just bought an Avio Powersense - UK based company making powermeters for 200 quid without discount!! https://www.avio.mobi/ 

Liam Cahill | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hey guys! I popped this deal up when there was stock in black too but seems that they've been selling well. Silver only now.

I've been using the Ultegra 6800 version through all weathers for racing and training and it hasn't missed a beat. ANT+ signal strength is good, the app is basic but easy to use and it's only gone through 2 batteries so far. I know that there will be negative experiences out there but at £200, I'd say it's worth a punt.

Oh, and no one can see mismatched cranks while you're riding!

beigemaster | 5 years ago
0 likes

I've had one for well over a year and it's absolutely bombproof. 

I'm assuming the reason why they're so cheap will because.

1. They are bonded to the old style 105 crank.

2. As mentioned- they're only available in silver. 

If you don't mind having it in silver then I'd snap it up- you wont get dual sided power, but as I'm not a dedicated racer or pro- I find single power is more than sufficient for training as it may not be the "actual" power reading- but as long as it's consistent then it simply doesn't matter. 

jollygoodvelo replied to beigemaster | 5 years ago
0 likes

beigemaster wrote:

I've had one for well over a year and it's absolutely bombproof. 

I'm assuming the reason why they're so cheap will because.

1. They are bonded to the old style 105 crank.

2. As mentioned- they're only available in silver. 

If you don't mind having it in silver then I'd snap it up- you wont get dual sided power, but as I'm not a dedicated racer or pro- I find single power is more than sufficient for training as it may not be the "actual" power reading- but as long as it's consistent then it simply doesn't matter. 

Thanks - my crankset is grey Tiagra (4700) but the bike is silver so I don't think it'll look too silly.  Who takes photos of the NDS anyway?  3

CycleCommute.CC | 5 years ago
0 likes

I saw this as well, really tempted to get one

kil0ran | 5 years ago
1 like

I got one of these in the last time PBK had them on a deep discount sale. Lovely bit of kit, easy to fit, reliable, and the right price such that if you get bored with it you can sell it on at not much of loss (assuming it's not being discounted - and for most of the autumn they weren't)

They have got new stuff on the way (DCRainmaker has a report from CES about some cool location tracking stuff) but if you just need one-sided power this is worth going for.

And if you've got two or more bikes it's a 10 minute job to swap them over, assuming you use the same crank length. 

Nat Jas Moe | 5 years ago
0 likes

It's silver only  so odd cranks

Latest Comments