Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Virtual Racing at club roller sessions?

Our kids Go-Ride club has a weekly rollers session. To add some motivation it would be interesting to do some virtual races. Any ideas on the best (strongly correlated with cheapest) option?

There is OpenSprints, which uses kit speed sensors for the rollers, and free software. Comes in at 230 US$ for four riders. Nice and simple, but not very cheap, (over $400 if I don't solder it myself).

Alternatively, Ant+ sensors are really cheap, so we could get a whole stack of those for each rider, and link up to an Ant+ dongle.

What I would then need is software which would log the speed of each rider. Zwift might do it, but I'm no expert there. Can it be made to work for multiple simultaneous users on the same laptop?

Is there another alternative using cheap sensors? Not too fussed about loads of features - if it just tracks distance covered up to 10km that would do.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

bogbrush | 5 years ago
1 like

I really like maximum trainer, I've never tried the multi user option but it seems to have at least a few happy users 

http://forum.maximumtrainer.com:4567/topic/36/studio-mode

Latest Comments