Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Specialized Allez A1 BB

Hi all, I've got a 2013 A1 Allez that needs a new chainset. I've decided for a tiagra 4700 (105 5700 shifting), which uses a HollowTech II type BB, I'm just not sure if it will fit the frame? Do I need any conversion tools or something?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

stucky | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks SpikeBike. I was only afraid that I'd buy the chainset and BB and then it wouldn't fit, for some reason. Right now it has one of those without the external cups,not sure if that's relevant. I will definetely have the lbs fit it

AfterPeak | 5 years ago
0 likes

I had a 2014 Allez (not sure about the 2013) but it has a BSA English threaded BB. The HollowTech II will just screw into the frame. Then the crank will just slot in. You are best off replacing the current BB now while you are replacing the crank. If your chainset doesnt come with a new BB then you will need to get one (https://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-bb-r60-ultegra-6800105-5800-hollowtech-...). I would recommend getting your LBS to fit it all though. They will clean it all up and put in your new one and have the right tools to tighten it correctly.

You can do it yourself but you will need some tools. You will need a Shimano Crank Installation Tool, a bottom bracket tool (might need an adaptor (TL-FC25 ) if you get the wrong one like me  21 and a torque wrench and some grease. 

Latest Comments