Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

What's happened to BTBS?

BehindTheBikeShed, our quite vocal, eloquent and prolific poster seems to have disappeared. No new posts this year as far as I can tell. I wonder what has happened to him? Perhaps it is just a New Year Resolution to post online less, or perhaps an easily preventable accident might befallen him. "Who knows." - Donald Trump.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

21 comments

madcarew | 5 years ago
0 likes

Hawkinspeter, I don't know where you are in NZ (obviously) but if you find yourself in the wellington region I'd be happy to show you around or arrange a ride for you. pacaraw at gmail.com

hawkinspeter replied to madcarew | 5 years ago
2 likes
madcarew wrote:

Hawkinspeter, I don't know where you are in NZ (obviously) but if you find yourself in the wellington region I'd be happy to show you around or arrange a ride for you. pacaraw at gmail.com

That's very kind of you, but we're not going that far south. We're currently enjoying the beach in Tauranga and will be heading onto Coromandel before jetting back to cold, damp Bristol at the end of the week.

I must say that you Kiwis are a very welcoming, friendly bunch.

(Here's a friendly kiwi dog we met on the beach this afternoon)

Rapha Nadal | 5 years ago
3 likes

"sonshine"

Jack Sexty | 5 years ago
5 likes

My favourite was when he called me a whining little fadge... I miss them days. 

Hirsute | 5 years ago
0 likes

He's a very naughtie boy !

Tony Farrelly | 5 years ago
12 likes

It'll be a month on Monday at exactly 17:25  since BTBS and his old sparring chum Don Simon (or is it don simon?) last logged in. Wouldn't be surprised if they were back again at round 17:26  3 
Like to think they've spent their time away on a tandem road trip together…but I'm guessing that's fairly unlikely. Shame, would've been interesting to find out how they'd settled the captain/stoker question. 

hawkinspeter replied to Tony Farrelly | 5 years ago
4 likes
Tony Farrelly wrote:

It'll be a month on Monday at exactly 17:25  since BTBS and his old sparring chum Don Simon (or is it don simon?) last logged in. Wouldn't be surprised if they were back again at round 17:26  3 
Like to think they've spent their time away on a tandem road trip together…but I'm guessing that's fairly unlikely. Shame, would've been interesting to find out how they'd settled the captain/stoker question. 

So, are you suggesting that they're the same person?
I also would like to see them posting again - sometimes sweary and/or abusive but also some insightful comments too.

(I'm currently on holiday in New Zealand where there's no squirrels apparently, but found this pic)

freespirit1 replied to Tony Farrelly | 5 years ago
4 likes

Tony Farrelly wrote:

Sounds like you've banned them for a month!

Kapelmuur replied to Tony Farrelly | 5 years ago
6 likes

S

Tony Farrelly wrote:

Don will be upset to find that there’s no thread enquiring about his absence.

jacknorell | 5 years ago
6 likes

Maybe he's out actually cycling on one of his seemingly endless stable of bikes...

Rapha Nadal | 5 years ago
4 likes

Maybe he went back to the land that time forgot.

Kapelmuur | 5 years ago
5 likes

Maybe he's taking a break from repeatedly writing the same posts.

Mungecrundle | 5 years ago
7 likes

I am missing his unique blend of thought provoking, often well researched opinion and hand crafted personal abuse of those who disagree.

Maybe he got out competed by squirrels? The grey ones are renowned for it.

brooksby | 5 years ago
1 like

I'm glad someone has asked this question (I kept meaning to...) yes

Anthony.C | 5 years ago
0 likes

On the subject of missing persons, whatever happened to that  other prolific poster, Unconstituted I think his name was ?

ChrisB200SX replied to Anthony.C | 5 years ago
0 likes

Anthony.C wrote:

On the subject of missing persons, whatever happened to that  other prolific poster, Unconstituted I think his name was ?

Sadly missed  2

Fluffed | 5 years ago
4 likes
Dingaling | 5 years ago
1 like

If I remember correctly, somebody gave him some serious stick for his sheep shagger reference and that was the last I remember seeing anything about BFBS. Perhaps he felt it appropriate to keep a low profile for a while.

Organon replied to Dingaling | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dingaling wrote:

If I remember correctly, somebody gave him some serious stick for his sheep shagger reference and that was the last I remember seeing anything about BFBS. Perhaps he felt it appropriate to keep a low profile for a while.

A-ha, it was that that drove him off of all things. I've seen so much worse said on these boards. Though a gentile calm has returned for a little while. Although some bombastic comments keep things from getting boring, someone just trying to dominate arguments by abuse is worse.  I imagined some ironic tragedy had happened. I now recommend wearing a helmet at all times, just in case Liam Neeson is around. Maybe he will be back a reformed gentleman.

Simon E replied to Dingaling | 5 years ago
3 likes

Dingaling wrote:

I doubt that he'd restrict himself to lurking. I confess was provoked into using a rude word on that occasion (that's my best excuse, m'lud).

Odd that he and don haven't logged in since. Perhaps they've found another outlet for what appears to be a shared desire to wind people up. Very unlikely that they're the same person.

madcarew wrote:

Compared to the patronising, insulting crap from BTBS, this is a real ray of sunshine (not "sonshine") and shows that positive interactions on here can benefit people beyond the confines of the screen. Hope you enjoy your holiday HP. smiley

ktache | 5 years ago
3 likes

I too have been wondering about him, I hope he's alright.  He's not been banhammered, as his comments still exist, unlike that SP59, who was removed from existence.  He wasn't even tempted by a recent helmet thread!

Latest Comments