Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta ao Algarve

There is a rider from CCC who is not even in the list of all riders, Jonas Koch. I expect we will see him in other races during the season.

I think the wrong Kragh Andersen is down for Sunweb it should be Soren and not Asbjorn.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

73 comments

Sniffer replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

lp

Sniffer wrote:

Gone big on sprinters first up.  Will kill me later, but get a lead and hold on is the strategy.

Who’ve you gone for Sniffer?...anybody off the beaten track?

Just the big names. Groenewagen on his arse won't help.

I have Ackerman, Jakobsen, Demare and EBH.  Not much left so cheap climbers.

That might be a podium though.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Gone slightly different to usual and decided not to go totally overboard with day one...

Ackerman

Groenewegen

Jakobsen

Van Baarle

Boassen Hagen

Koch

Antunes

Poels

As for extra transfers...I think that would be a great idea for "just for fun" games in future anyway. I think we can already see folk more open about their teams and reasons for picking in the "just for fun games" and posting lots more on the forum...extra transfers would just increase that "fun" and postings...no need to go overboard though...

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

My team for Stage1

ACKERMANN
JAKOBSEN
GROENEWEGEN
ANDERSEN S.K.
BOASSON HAGEN
POGACAR
ANTUNES
MATEOS

The big 3 sprinters & then a couple of durable fast men for the next couple of stages.

Then Pogacar my bet for Young Rider competition and a couple of dark horses for the mountain stages.

archieboy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeah played it much the same as TER, the notable difference in purist was Konrad over Mas mostly for his TT ability. The 3.0 picks were easy for me Alcaron and Garcia de Mateos, time will tell if that works well.

Then I put Antunes and Alcaron in standard ready for stg 2.

TERatcliffe26 | 5 years ago
0 likes

I did mine on the basis of 10,

Gone for the 4 big sprinters, degenkolb, demare, ackermann, groenewegan then have aru, poels, antunes and a 3.0 rider. Means with 2 transfers for tomorrow i can bring in mas for demare and oomen for degenkolb.

My purist is balanced but no ITT guy, degenkolb, groenewegan, ackermann, mas, poels, aru, antunes then 1 other cant remember who a 3.0 rider i think

stevemarks replied to TERatcliffe26 | 5 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

I did mine on the basis of 10, Gone for the 4 big sprinters, degenkolb, demare, ackermann, groenewegan then have aru, poels, antunes and a 3.0 rider. Means with 2 transfers for tomorrow i can bring in mas for demare and oomen for degenkolb. My purist is balanced but no ITT guy, degenkolb, groenewegan, ackermann, mas, poels, aru, antunes then 1 other cant remember who a 3.0 rider i think

Sorry Minardi yes I had Aru in there too.

Same four as you TERatcliffe's with Aru. Added Phillipson, Malucelli, and De Mateosa. Atunes and poels in my purist with mas and some sprinters. I think I had KUng in there too as I expect him to win the TT and he can hold on up hill if he has something to fight for.

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Roger that, interested to see how everyone manages the transfers then! An ITT in the middle of a short stage race always throws a spanner in the works.

0 likes

What do we think, bung in an extra 2 transfers? I agree the lack of stage consistency is the killer here.

MinardiM189 replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
1 like

Condor Andy wrote:

What do we think, bung in an extra 2 transfers? I agree the lack of stage consistency is the killer here.

I guess that a lot of competitors are at work and have made their choices based on 10 transfers.

It would be unfair to them to increase transfers at this stage.

stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

Need more transfers for this one, not a lots of good climbers, Mas who will Sky ride for Poels or De La Cruz? then where do you go?

MinardiM189 replied to stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

Need more transfers for this one, not a lots of good climbers, Mas who will Sky ride for Poels or De La Cruz? then where do you go?

The order of the stages does make it hard work with only 10 transfers. The reduced budget makes getting the sprinters in difficult too.

As for climbers you can always take a punt on Aru.

Very strong Sky team althouh DLC has no form so far this season.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

stevemarks wrote:

The order of the stages does make it hard work with only 10 transfers. The reduced budget makes getting the sprinters in difficult too.

As for climbers you can always take a punt on Aru.

Very strong Sky team althouh DLC has no form so far this season.

I'm going for a slightly thin day one and see how it goes for later.Aru will be fun...one way or the other.

1 like

Good spot, Jonas Koch was also listed in the CCC Development team, must have been a late addition. He wasn't in the start list this morning.

Pages

Latest Comments