Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

UAE Tour

And so, onto the next stop in this season's world tour! Welcome to the inaugural UAE Tour, an amalgamation of the Abu Dhabi Tour and the Dubai Tour, this new race encompasses the best of both. On paper there looks to be something for everyone, with a couple of sprint stages, two summit finishes, a TTT and a couple for the rouleurs.

There are 2 PCT teams in Novo Nordisk and Gazprom-RusVelo to go along with the 18 WT teams, and no one is pulling any punches it seems. The classics men might be absent as stage 7 clashes with Omloop, but on the start list are defending champion Valverde, Dumoulin, Roglic, Nibali, Kwiatkowski, Porte, and many other contenders. And the sprinters field is stacked with Bennett, Viviani, Ewan, Gaviria, Kittel, and Kristoff all going along.

So what are you looking forward to? Who are you looking to pick above all others? All I'm hoping for are some crosswinds and carnage!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

98 comments

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Cruel. How can we possibly choose between Domoulin and Roglic....exactly the same price so we don't even have the excuse of using the saving elsewhere.

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

2 per stage is standard, we only increase for GTs and the classics.

Gecko-cyclist | 5 years ago
0 likes

Given all the egos on the start line we might need those transfers just to swap out the carnage!
Is this the first showdown between Viviani and Gaviria since the latter jumped ship?

MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
1 like

Seven stages and only 12 transfers?

Isn't that a bit low?

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Isn't that a bit low?

The number of transfer in te last two races confused me.

I'm happy to stick with the old rule, 2 transfers between stages.

I think increasing the number of transfers makes the game less challenging.

stevemarks replied to MinardiM189 | 5 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Isn't that a bit low?

I would go further I prefered the system where you had two transfers per day and you could carry them over if you didn't use them. It made the game even more tactical and in the grand tours you always got 2 transfers on the rest day which was marvelous.....Ah Nostaglia.

Dr Winston replied to stevemarks | 5 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Isn't that a bit low?

I would go further I prefered the system where you had two transfers per day and you could carry them over if you didn't use them. It made the game even more tactical and in the grand tours you always got 2 transfers on the rest day which was marvelous.....Ah Nostaglia.

How long have you been playing it Steve?

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

stevemarks wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

MinardiM189 wrote:

Isn't that a bit low?

How long have you been playing it Steve?

Apparently I won the early Classics comp in 2013 so at least that long. not sure whether it's more than a season or two more than that.

Pages

Latest Comments