Home

And so, onto the next stop in this season's world tour! Welcome to the inaugural UAE Tour, an amalgamation of the Abu Dhabi Tour and the Dubai Tour, this new race encompasses the best of both. On paper there looks to be something for everyone, with a couple of sprint stages, two summit finishes, a TTT and a couple for the rouleurs.

There are 2 PCT teams in Novo Nordisk and Gazprom-RusVelo to go along with the 18 WT teams, and no one is pulling any punches it seems. The classics men might be absent as stage 7 clashes with Omloop, but on the start list are defending champion Valverde, Dumoulin, Roglic, Nibali, Kwiatkowski, Porte, and many other contenders. And the sprinters field is stacked with Bennett, Viviani, Ewan, Gaviria, Kittel, and Kristoff all going along.

So what are you looking forward to? Who are you looking to pick above all others? All I'm hoping for are some crosswinds and carnage!

98 comments

MinardiM189 [371 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

Aye. Viviani is quite prone to grabbing points at intermediate sprints at times....in fact...has he not already done that once this season?...We need to remember that,

Lost my way in this race yesterday with the Ewan fail. Just hoping for top 20 now. Viviani Gaviria Halvorsen and Moscheti my only rides of note for tomorrow.

Yes I should have remembered, Viviani going in the break in TDU cost me points.

Mountain Renegade did remember  2

Dr Winston [512 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Mmmm. Up to 16th...Viviani Gaviria Halvorsen and Moschetti my four for tomorrow. Gonna need a big day for Halvorsen to compete with all the Kittel picks....quite a few with five sprinters as well....strange how sometimes we just seem to be swimming against the tide...

triccky100 [172 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Oh well, up to 2nd but was hoping that having the top 5 climbers would pick up a few more points and give me a bit of alead, but guess the climb was not hard enough. So its going to come down to final spinters picks....

Condor Andy [624 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Went for Viv and Ewan for today, couldn't afford both Gav and Bennett.

Condor Andy [624 posts] 1 month ago
1 like

Great battle in the Standard comp! Hitman held the lead going into today, but he'e been disposed by Triccky who takes the title by just 3 points over Tony.

DrWinston also waited until the final stage to leapfrog me and land a top 10. Minardi takes a joint 5th place.

MinardiM189 [371 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

4th in the Purist

5th in Standard

Surprised I did so well considering I had Moscon & Kittel in purist and hald the standard stages.

Dr Winston [512 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

I'll settle for 10th...never felt in control of my picks throughout that game....

Usual disaster in the purist after a less than inspired GC heavy team.

Good news for me though. I've been in a ML with my brother (Wakey Wakey) who i spent an entire season thumping last year...every single race by a long way...which tbh is just a bit meh.

He managed a ninth in the purist...and getting up to speed now in the standard game with a 65th after some total disasters last year...Hopefully he's in the game now.

stevemarks [548 posts] 1 month ago
0 likes

Last day blues, dropped 12 places to 18th in the standard and 3 places to 5th in purist, which I am very happy with. I have to do some work on my transfers, but I've picked up a few tips this week.

Thanks

Pages