Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Have Ribble Just upped their prices?

Hi All

I have been contemplating the Ribble CGR 725 apex as a training bike.

I have just looked and it seems the prices have just jumped a whopping £200 or 16.5%

Anyone else noticed this or am I just in a less generous mood?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

r.glancy | 5 years ago
1 like

Welcome to Brexit pricing. Loads of retailers are getting ready for it. My business included as well as several of my distributors. Most of them are preparing for a no deal situation and moving European stocks into the UK. I have over 2m of stock being pushed to me in advance so I can at least survive the teething problems. 

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

On the subject of PlanetX, please get these bought sharpish so I'm not tempted.

Handbuilt lugged stainless steel frame for £540? 

(For those in need of shiny carbon, they're knocking out the same frames used by the road team last year for £450)

kil0ran | 5 years ago
0 likes

PlanetX have bumped their prices this morning too. Sent an email yesterday offering final additional discounts on stock prior to the re-price going live this morning. (There was a lovely Ultegra R800 Spitfire Titanium bike for £1250)

barongreenback | 5 years ago
2 likes

A number of factors likely to be involved but I think it's businesses getting prepared for Brexit.  If there is an orderly Brexit they can afford to discount but if tarriffs come in then they can stick to the new RRP.  Not many businesses can afford to stockpile vast amounts of parts at historic prices.

Badstoob | 5 years ago
0 likes

Venezuelan inflation maybe but those rises are taking the mick.

Organon | 5 years ago
1 like

Sminky pinky, ethethethetheth, Inflation!

Badstoob | 5 years ago
0 likes

I also noticed the price rise, Alpkit (Sonder) did the same a couple of weeks back but cheekily instead of just raising the prices to RRP, they have them at a new "sale" price and the RRP has also risen by the same amount. I'm no expert but that sounds misleading. I think Trek have also raised their prices on the Checkpoint models but not on ALR5.

Is this down to the B-word or do bike manufacturers raise their prices routinely around this time of year?

freetime101 | 5 years ago
1 like

Yup, prices have risen and specs changed quietly - the Cgr ti Sunday best build used to have full zipp finishing kit but now has level 1 bars and stem...

Latest Comments