Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Best 32-35mm TLC tyres for Paris Roubaix

I'm riding the Paris Roubaix Sportive in April and wanted to run wider tyres, around 35mm Tubeless ready would be perfect. Could anyone recommend any? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

swmlon | 5 years ago
1 like

I've just started using the Pirelli Centurato Velo in 35mm flavour Tubeless and it's been a blast. Smooth, grippy tread with the volume to soften the ride.

CXR94Di2 | 5 years ago
1 like

Schwalbe G One all-round tubeless 35mm

or 38 mm

K Ross | 5 years ago
0 likes

Many thanks all for your feedback and thoughts! 

Dave Atkinson - are these the tyres you would recommend: 

https://road.cc/content/review/254221-panaracer-gravelking-32-tyre

dave atkinson | 5 years ago
1 like

Panaracer Gravel King 32mm would be my pick. Light, supple, big air chamber, easy to set up tubeless.

MrB123 | 5 years ago
1 like

Specialized Roubaix Pros in the tubeless variety, 30/32mm size.

sparker | 5 years ago
3 likes

Having ridden it previously, definitely go tubeless - for comport and lack of pinch flat risk. On the 5 star sectors, my top vertabrae felt like they were pushing out of the top of my skull!

I can also tell you what to avoid - Hutchinson Sector 32s - good in the dry, horrendous loss of grip in the wet. I came off extremely hard on an easy corner towards the end of the ride - on smooth tarmac, in light drizzle! Ruined the velodrome entrance as I had to finish one handed. I was also sliding all over the cobbles, which you'd expect, but not to the degree I experienced. I also had to send one back as the sealant was leaking through the sidewall of the whole tyre, so was faulty. Gave them another go earlier this year and came off again in the rain. Now binned.

I've also tried some Hutchinson Fusion 32s, which were much better, grip wise, so will be a better bet for you.  I may just be unlucky though, but have been through 2 of them in 3 months, after they gave in to flints that the sealant or a Dynaplug couldn't seal. As one was in the sidewall, it got binned, though the other should be able to be patched - just loathe to keep shelling out, so given the current uplift required for tubeless tyres, I may go back to inner tubes for the summer.

I've got high hopes for some bloody expensive GP 5000s on order, but cannot comment on them - yet.....

Good luck, as its an awesome experience. If you can, get some gel pads & extra thick bar tape - on the last few cobbled sections I could barely grip the bars & almost dropped my celabratory beer afterwards. Puts into perspective the skill of the pros!

bobbypuk | 5 years ago
1 like

Schwalbe G-One Speed in 30mm have done me 2 years in a row. Going wider could be a good idea but if the cobbles hurt you can always put more power in.

srchar | 5 years ago
1 like

Challenge Strada Bianca TLR?

Latest Comments