Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Bike fit - suggestion for N.Wales / Cheshire area pls

Interenet brings up a few places but Id be grateful of any direct experience or suggestions anyone may have for a bike fit session please.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

keirik | 5 years ago
0 likes

Only problem with Alf Jones is I have to ride up Marford hill at the start of every club ride to get there!

keirik | 5 years ago
0 likes

Only problem with Alf Jones is I have to ride up Marford hill at the start of every club ride to get there!

bechdan | 5 years ago
0 likes

perfect Id hoped Alf Jones might be good as thats one of the closer ones

Thanks for the suggestions everyone

60kg lean keen ... | 5 years ago
2 likes

Add one more vote for Alf Jones

Paul7189 | 5 years ago
1 like

I had mine done at Alf Jones Cycles just outside of Wrexham and would highly reccomend them. They do three levels of fit ranging from £36 - £90. They also have a saddle fitting service in case you are uncomfortable on your saddle. The shop has been there for over 60 years and is highly regarded in the cycling community. 

http://alfjonescycles.co.uk/bike-fit/

keirik replied to Paul7189 | 5 years ago
1 like

Paul7189 wrote:

I had mine done at Alf Jones Cycles just outside of Wrexham and would highly reccomend them. They do three levels of fit ranging from £36 - £90. They also have a saddle fitting service in case you are uncomfortable on your saddle. The shop has been there for over 60 years and is highly regarded in the cycling community. 

http://alfjonescycles.co.uk/bike-fit/

Another vote for AlfJones, they even have a coffee shop on site, what's not to like?

Mario29 | 5 years ago
0 likes

Spend a day in Manchester and go to pedalprecision.com at the Velodrome. Can't recommend highly enough.

don simon fbpe | 5 years ago
0 likes

I would have recommended The Edge Cycleworks, Chester, They spent time setting up my cleats, but they've closed. Most of the staff seem to have been picked up by Evans Cycles Chester. So I'd have a look there.

Where are you? It might help with determining whether Shrewsbury is too much of a trek, or not...

bechdan | 5 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Simon but why Shrewsbury and who's Dave Mellor?

Simon E replied to bechdan | 5 years ago
0 likes

bechdan wrote:

Thanks Simon but why Shrewsbury and who's Dave Mellor?

Sorry, should have said.

Dave is owner of Dave Mellor Cycles in Shrewsbury. He has been around the sport for a long time, has worked with/managed BC women's & paracycling teams. Lives, eats and breathes cycling.

Although I'm a regular customer and he's a fellow club committee member I wouldn't expect or want a discount - or anything - simply for recommending him and his friendly staff.

It's not far from Chester.

Simon E | 5 years ago
0 likes

Shrewsbury is not far, you could have a chat with Dave Mellor (01743 366 662) and see if it's worth the trip.

Latest Comments