Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Anyone ordered ZUUS wheels in 2019?

Just wondering if anyone has ordered wheels from ZUUS since January 1st and if they've actually received them?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

72 comments

Rapha Nadal | 4 years ago
1 like

Moral of the story - pay more & buy from a reputable firm!

Kendalred | 4 years ago
1 like

Oh dear - looks like my 2 year warranty is null and void now! I feel for those who are still waiting for wheels that they have paid for.

I actually live and work nearby. They are (were?) based in Windermere in the Lakes, in a business unit down a residential street (I know this as I picked my wheelset up from them about 5-6 months ago), having previously been in a shop in Windermere centre. I too had issues with the timescale - but as I was in no rush it wasn't that much of an issue to me, plus I had changed the spec of the order so I assumed that this was the issue, rightly or wrongly.

The office also doubled up as the workshop - essentially a coulple of desks, shelves full of carbon components, bars, stems etc all over the floor, cardboard boxes everywhere, and about three or four young lads lacing spokes and truing the wheels at the far end. It did seem a little untidy, but given they had my order ready and packaged I wasn't that concerned. And Alyson had been really good regarding communication. So now I look and the website is down, which is never a good sign.

I hope everyone can get sorted.

Kevprice10 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I’m in the same the same place. Ordered in February for a delivery date in March, but still waiting for my wheels.

I have received constant fob off e-mails and promises to the point where I was given a manufacture and despatch date but nothing has arrived.

I paid through PayPal so seeing their website go down and several other people in the same boat I will escalate the issue.

It’s a shame as I’ve had a set for 4 years and they have been great, but it doesn’t look good.

Kevprice10 | 4 years ago
1 like

I’m in the same the same place. Ordered in February for a delivery date in March, but still waiting for my wheels.

I have received constant fob off e-mails and promises to the point where I was given a manufacture and despatch date but nothing has arrived.

I paid through PayPal so seeing their website go down and several other people in the same boat I will escalate the issue.

It’s a shame as I’ve had a set for 4 years and they have been great, but it doesn’t look good.

Mark Wood | 4 years ago
2 likes

My personnal feels is they have gone bankrupt in January and restarted under the Carbon C Ltd. This would mean they would have cash flow problems.  

I was told, like others that the parts where stuck in customs. It now looks like they had no money to pay for the goods as they would not have the credit terms.  

I would llike to know if anyone has received a set of these wheels as my gut feeling is they have been taking orders under false potential, with no way to deliver the goods.  

I will be contacting the police today and will advise onhere what they say. 

In terms of the comment about credit card company. I belive the legal rule is they can not activate a call back on the money from Carbon C banks until 30 days has passed.  Prior to this it is a comsumer rights issue and you have to cancel the order with Carbon and recieve the refund back from them not the credit card.  It just the legal rules and processes andnot the bank.  

MIne for instance is over the 30 days so I have already trecieved a credit back to my credit card however, there is now a 90 days cool off until I can use this money.  

Hope this helps

brooksby replied to Mark Wood | 4 years ago
1 like

Mark Wood wrote:

My personnal feels is they have gone bankrupt in January and restarted under the Carbon C Ltd. This would mean they would have cash flow problems.  

According to Companies House the director made a voluntary application to have ZUUS SPORTS LIMITED struck off (ie. dissolved) in October 2018.

In making that application, the director has to make a statement confirming that the company hasn't, in the three months before the application, done any of the following:

(1) Traded or carried on any business;

(2) Disposed for value of property or rights which, immediately before it ceased trading/carrying on business, it held to dispose for gain in the normal course of trading/carrying on business; or

(3) Engaged in any other activity except for the purpose of making the application, settling its affairs, or meeting a statutory requirement.

The only reason it stayed as a 'live' company for so long is that someone (we don't know who, but it's usually HMRC) objected to the application and it was suspended for a few weeks.

The other company people are referring to - CARBON C LIMITED - was incorporated in July 2018.

johnkh | 4 years ago
1 like

I’m in the same boat. Ordered last week and now no contact.

My credit card company won’t help. They say I have to wait 30 days before making a charge-back. I asked them to act now as I have a statutory 14 days to cancel an online order but they’re refusing to charge it back.

very unhappy - not just with Zuus / Carbon C but also the Halifax who seem more than happy to just let this go despite pointing them to all the circumstantial evidence that these aren’t going to be delivered and pointing out that I have a statutory right to cancel.

zero_trooper replied to johnkh | 4 years ago
0 likes

johnkh wrote:

I’m in the same boat. Ordered last week and now no contact.

My credit card company won’t help. They say I have to wait 30 days before making a charge-back. I asked them to act now as I have a statutory 14 days to cancel an online order but they’re refusing to charge it back.

very unhappy - not just with Zuus / Carbon C but also the Halifax who seem more than happy to just let this go despite pointing them to all the circumstantial evidence that these aren’t going to be delivered and pointing out that I have a statutory right to cancel.

Well the Halifax will help, just not in the way you want them to right now. They must get loads of these enquires from all commerce and I suspect most  will get sorted within the 30 days (late delivery, comms breakdown etc).

Like you said yourself, the evidence is circumstantial.

Mark Wood | 4 years ago
1 like

Hi Guys 

I am the same, purchased at the beginig of April and have been told the same story as above.  However, my accounts depart has done a search on companies house and they were DISOLVED on the 8th January 2019.   

I have contacted the trading stanadrds and my credit card who have confirm on theri searches that ZUUS SPORTS asre disolved.  

The Credit Card company has raised the dispute with the recieving bank and credited my card. however, I am unable to use this credit for 90 days.  No new wheel for me this summer!!!!!

Sorry for the bad news. CROOKS

This is the link to companies house:  https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09255373

blobbo | 4 years ago
2 likes

sounds like fraud to me if they have been dissolved and continued to trade and take peoples money!!!!

Will737 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Same story, ordered some wheels last week, no reply from the company via email or telephone...

Butty replied to Will737 | 4 years ago
2 likes

Will737 wrote:

Same story, ordered some wheels last week, no reply from the company via email or telephone...

Who do you beleive you have placed the order with?

Zuus Sports Ltd traded as Zuus but then dissolved in Jan 2019.

The last cached page of Zuus was from 1st June and showed Carbon C Ltd trading as Zuus.

Carbon C Ltd are still trading and the director is the same as Zuus Sports Ltd.

Will737 replied to Butty | 4 years ago
0 likes

Butty wrote:

Will737 wrote:

The last cached page of Zuus was from 1st June and showed Carbon C Ltd trading as Zuus.

The order was made on the Zuus website but confirmation was from Carbon C.  Zuus seem to be trading as Carbon C with the same director.  Perhaps it is just poor communication... 

T63 replied to Butty | 4 years ago
0 likes

Butty wrote:

Will737 wrote:

I only ordered some rims for a self build at the beginning of  May. 

Bank statement shows that I paid  Zuus Wheels, but invoice from Carbon C. 

Should have suspected something was up when I spoke to Alison. Last time I spoke to her was on 24th May and she said to call in a week or so as they will know more. 

Email request sent on Monday followed by several attempted phone calls-answerphone- and then again today with the line having been cut off!

I have spoken to my bank and the are beginning investigations. 

I will keep you posted

rundazride | 4 years ago
2 likes

They took my money and now the website of down and Facebook page closed. I've tried calling and emailing but nothing.. Took a look at company reg and it says they dissolved in January.. Not happy

mels | 4 years ago
1 like

I've not been able to contact them by email or telephone and their website and Facbook is down, I assume they've gone out of business now.

Hjws27 | 4 years ago
2 likes

Does anyone else have orders outstanding with them? 

I've been chasing for around 10 weeks to sort an order and have just noticed that their website and Facebook page have both been taken down...

Nathan79 | 4 years ago
1 like

I ordered some last year 50mm for campag  (available on their website)  waited for weeks and weeks with no update, eventually spun the yarn of  customs issues and promised a delivery date which came and went.  I was patient throughout this as I thought its a small  british company, lets give them time.

Then after a number of months they turned round and said "we can't supply those wheels with Campag " WTF !!!

Eventually got a refund, I wouldn't touch them again.

blobbo | 4 years ago
1 like

I have some 50mm wheels just less than 2 years (they were my mates - warranty non transferable!) had a few problems with the hubs bearings etc.  Been trying to get hold of them as there was a problem with the shim washer - NO RESPONSE - it may be game over for ZUUS the website has gone down now - anyone with outstanding orders I'd be worried!

ghostface_kilo | 4 years ago
2 likes

I had been watching this thread up until a few days ago. I was undecided about buying from Zuus, given the reported issues with delivery. I just noticed they seem to have deleted their facebook account, and along with the new comments on this thread I am going to give them a miss. 

DaveK | 4 years ago
1 like

Stay well clear of Zuus

1. Advertised their product as produced within 10 days
  2. Sales contract states produced within 10 days
  3. Not one proactive attempt at communication from Zuus
  4. Numerous false promises made by Will, Alyson and Kathryn all in response to my emails enquiring on delivery date
  5. 10 days changed to 3 weeks for production promise
  6. Zuus then blocked my email address
  7. After over 6 weeks they claimed to refund my order (still not in bank account) without my authority to cancel order or refund. No mention of any compensation or repayment of interests earned or damages
  8. Zero customer service, always blaming the size of their company and customs
  9. No efforts to resolve or offer any form of amicable solution 
Pedro08 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I ordered a set of wheels in March, they didn’t arrive on time so I started chasing them.It was always ‘hopefully next week ‘.in the end I asked whether I asked I was ‘likely to get them this summer or even this year ‘ .They replied ‘box on way from customs so hopefully next week ‘. I left it for another week but no show so cancelled.A week later I called my bank to check I had been refunded, I hadn’t .so emailed Zuus and asked them to do so .i didn’t get a reply and after another week still no money returned so the bank is going to try to get the money back. I’m now going to get some cero wheels,(similar spec /price ) and in stock!! Plus great reviews in cycling weekly

bobinski | 4 years ago
0 likes

And they were fine on the DD too, which is more than can be said for the rider!

bobinski | 4 years ago
0 likes

I ordered mine and had to wait for parts to come in to stock. Good comma with Alyson. Have since used the wheels in Girona and I am packed and ready to be beaten up on the double devil tomorrow. I am really happy with them. They are round and they roll! They seem to roll faster than my Hunt 4 seasons on same tyres and they certainly hold speed longer but then at 50mm depth I would expect that.They look great. I thought given I run discs I would be irritated by the brake track  but I am not an dinky 1 person has noticed it, given the carbon weave. 550km over 4 days in Girona and no issues. Hopefully I can say the same after the dd.

Fast14 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I had an order in with ZUUS  they were unable to deliver the product for over a month .

bad comunication bad customer service . When they were informed that if the product was not delivered in 1 week they canceled the order and did not inform me .  So end result the order went to Farsports.

Fast14 | 4 years ago
0 likes

I had an order in with ZUUS  they were unable to deliver the product for over a month .

bad comunication bad customer service . When they were informed that if the product was not delivered in 1 week they canceled the order and did not inform me .  So end result the order went to Farsports.

Spangly Shiny | 4 years ago
1 like

So Zipp don't know what a toroid is either.

fukawitribe replied to Spangly Shiny | 4 years ago
4 likes

Spangly Shiny wrote:

I feel the need to point out that these rims are not toroidal (one r not two). The cross section of a toroid is a circle not a wheel well!

The cross section, perpendicular to the axis of rotation, of a toroid is not a circle in general, it is for a torus.

Spangly Shiny wrote:

So Zipp don't know what a toroid is either.

If they don't, it would seem that they're not the only ones.

dooderooni | 4 years ago
0 likes

Ok, they're oval in cross section if you will, the same shape as a set of Zipps that are based on the Zipp Hybrid Toroid patent US#5975645 and that Zipp call hybrid toroidal on their own product pages.

Spangly Shiny | 4 years ago
0 likes

I feel the need to point out that these rims are not toroidal (one r not two). The cross section of a toroid is a circle not a wheel well!

Do you mean that the cross section widest part of the dished part of the rim is greater than that of the brake track perhaps?

Pages

Latest Comments