Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Child dies after falling off their bike and being hit by van

Some of the other coverage I've read said that the child fell off their bike.  I don't imagine that the five year old was on the road, so this looks like it might be one of those incidents where the child comes off the footpath and the driver hasn't thought "Small child on footpath, better give them room just in case..." (similar thing happened in Weston-super-Mare a few years ago).

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/knaphill-accident-boy-dies-...

"Boy, 5, dies in hospital after being hit by van in Knaphill accident

An investigation into the incident is ongoing and no arrests have been made, Surrey Police say

A five-year-old boy has died after being hit by a van while riding a bicycle near Knaphill High Street on Tuesday (March 26).

Officers were called to Limecroft Road at 4.10pm after a crash between a five-year-old boy on a bicycle and a van, which stopped at the scene.

A spokesman for Surrey Police said: "The boy, who was from the local area, did not survive his injuries and was pronounced deceased in hospital. His next of kin were present."

"An investigation into the incident is ongoing and no arrests have been made."

One neighbour, who wished to remain anonymous, said: "It’s just heartbreaking, awful, I have no words.”"

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments