Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Mobile Phone Use in Cars

This is terrifying. Documentary made about some Australian drivers and their mobile phone usage when in the car...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=197&v=xnJqHhkvtNs

edit - just noticed it's from a couple of years ago, so I might be a bit late to the races...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

3 comments

hawkinspeter | 5 years ago
1 like

Might be a couple of years old, but it's probably even more relevant now (and thanks for posting the link).

It shows how easy it is to catch drivers using mobiles - just takes a few traffic officers.

I can empathise with drivers using mobiles whilst stationery, but once that behaviour gets normalised then it soon becomes using a mobile whilst moving but you think there's no hazards.

What I would enjoy would be to see traffic police doing this kind of 'sting' at random locations and as well as issuing an appropriate fine, they confiscate the mobile phone for a day. People would be livid.

Hirsute | 5 years ago
3 likes

Level of arrogance was stunning and I only saw 4 minutes.

ktache | 5 years ago
4 likes

Well done for posting this JohnnyRemo, I had never seen it.  The use of a plain clothes officer moving through traffic was inspired.  If you want to catch them and stop them that is the way to do it, though I would have given him a small camera, just in case if it went to court, but I'm guessing they know what they are doing.  In many ways I look back to the early days of mobiles, when they were holding it to their ear at least they would have their eyes forward, not concentrating, but at least in the right direction.  The "groin obsession" is probably the most dangerous way of doing it.

Latest Comments