Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour of the Alps

Ye or nae?

5 WT teams going - AG2R (Vuillermoz, Geniez); Astana (Lopez, Bilbao); Bahrain Merida (Nibali); Bora (Majka); and Sky (Bernal, Froome). 9 PCT teams going, a Team Italy, and 5 local CT teams.

5 stages total and 5 jerseys to give out: GC, points, KOM, sprints, and youth. Stages look interesting, no huge summit finishes, but nothing flat, and nothing hugely long.

If we run it, I'll need to add some riders in and re-jig the CT teams. It won't count towards the season leagues, it'll just be for fun.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

54 comments

Dr Winston replied to maviczap | 4 years ago
0 likes

maviczap wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

Just burned out, finished 17th. Seems Sky are letting Sivakov and Geoghegan-Hart test themselves. Unless Froome says otherwise.

Obviously his form isn't there, and neither should it be if he's targeting the Tour, it's all preparation for him. I'd be concerned if this was the Dauphine. Plus it was a scetchy descent, so why risk your main goal for the season by descending like Nibali.

Having 2 team mates higher up the GC means he can ride his own race, rather than compete for the overall.

Drives me a bit nuts with all that lark tbh Maviczap. Can’t argue with his Grand tour record obviously but it’s totally at the expense of everything else. I love my cycling of all types and times...not just the three weeks in July. He obviously knows what he’s doing and tbh I wrote further up he might just be there to turn his legs over...and he is.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

What happened to Froome?....did anybody find out?

JohnnyRemo replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
2 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

He knew I'd transferred him in for Sivakov... 

St Date                    Rider in                            Rider out
2 Apr 22, 17:53 Christopher Froome      Pavel Sivakov

Dr Winston replied to JohnnyRemo | 4 years ago
0 likes

JohnnyRemo wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

He knew I'd transferred him in for Sivakov... 

St Date                    Rider in                            Rider out
2 Apr 22, 17:53 Christopher Froome      Pavel Sivakov

Ouch....that must have ruined your tea...

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

I'm scoring the KOMs as per the roadbook, and not our usual methods. I've mentioned it in the scoring notes. It's just there are hardly any KOMs and only one sprint per stage, so I thought I'd reward the breakaway riders a wee bit more. It's just a fun comp anyway.

tony kappler | 4 years ago
0 likes

Seems that the breakaway riders totals are slightly wrong;

Sprint       KOM1     KOM2     Stage sp pts   Stage KOM points    TOTAL

Krizek                        6                  2              2                  5                             4                                 19

Kuen                          4                  0              1                  4                             3                                  12

Gamper                    2                  1               0                 3                             2                                   8

Dima                         0                   3              3                  0                             5                                  11

I may have missed something, so my apologies if I am out of order. It's probably not worth changing scores (the number of players with these riders is probably zero), but I thought I would mention it just in case there is an error in methodolgy, which could affect scoring in the later more critical stages.

Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Lots of teams did better in Purist than Stzndard today.

Gecko-cyclist replied to Sniffer | 4 years ago
0 likes

Sniffer wrote:

LOL. 

152 points in my purist team.  52 in my standard. 

Even given my usual ability to tinker with the standard team enough to wreck it, that's impressive!

Sniffer replied to Gecko-cyclist | 4 years ago
0 likes

Gecko-cyclist wrote:

Sniffer wrote:

LOL. 

152 points in my purist team.  52 in my standard. 

Even given my usual ability to tinker with the standard team enough to wreck it, that's impressive!

It struck me that I had a good Standard day testerday, 2nd on the stage, and then looked at my Purist team which scored better and found that I was 20 places lower in the standings and realised that many of us should just have entered our Purist team. 

I think the reson I did OK on Standard was I had so little idea how the first stage that the riders I thought would do OK acrosee the week were picked rather than trying to finesse a team for the first stage.

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Not a great start to this one.

I didn't check the startlist and ignored my roster change email.

I have Aberasturi in my team for Stage1  and Serrano in my purist team indecision.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Not a great start to this one.

I didn't check the startlist and ignored my roster change email.

I have Aberasturi in my team for Stage1  and Serrano in my purist team indecision.

Ooops. I’m sure you’ll make up for it with your usual genius pick later on.

teckert | 4 years ago
0 likes

Yer probably shouldve lowered the budget imo.... my purist team ends up with 23 in the balance, and my stage 1 standard team still has 34 in reserve!!

stevemarks replied to teckert | 4 years ago
0 likes

teckert wrote:

Yer probably shouldve lowered the budget imo.... my purist team ends up with 23 in the balance, and my stage 1 standard team still has 34 in reserve!!

39 points remaining....Ooops maybe I did something wrong!

stevemarks replied to stevemarks | 4 years ago
0 likes

stevemarks wrote:

teckert wrote:

39 points remaining....Ooops maybe I did something wrong!

seems I did then playing for stage wins it is then.

0 likes

Well, this wasn't loading for me yesterday and with > 200 people in I won't be lowering it, it'll bugger up people's teams. Oh well, it's just for fun anyway  1

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Well, this wasn't loading for me yesterday and with > 200 people in I won't be lowering it, it'll bugger up people's teams. Oh well, it's just for fun anyway  1

No matter Andy. It'll still be a game of spot the differential...or two...

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

It could all come down to whether stage 1 finishes in a sprint and if teams allow 'helpers' to have a go for it.

I expect big teams will be disappointed with the field, there isn't a lot of competition for GC so racing will not be hard enough for preparation purposes.

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

It could all come down to whether stage 1 finishes in a sprint and if teams allow 'helpers' to have a go for it.

I expect big teams will be disappointed with the field, there isn't a lot of competition for GC so racing will not be hard enough for preparation purposes.

It had a really good prospective line up initially...all gone. Even Froome is a strange one...he's quite canny with his build up so may not put too much store in trying to win this one...just turn his legs over.

0 likes

Thanks for setting this up.

0 likes

Might lower the budget, thoughts? From 120 to 100, otherwise everyone will have virtually identical teams.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Might lower the budget, thoughts? From 120 to 100, otherwise everyone will have virtually identical teams.

Thanks for setting it up Andy....and in answer to the question...yes it probably would help diversify the picks.

0 likes

Okay, comp open  1

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Definite yes from me. Looks like a great line and is actually a really good race anyway...last years was brill.

0 likes

If you run it I will participate.

A few names I know in the obscure teams, I know a Kobayoshi and Pierantozzi reasonably well but nothing to do with cycling.

Pages

Latest Comments