Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Romandie

Setting this comp up now, hopefully opening tomorrow. I'm awaiting decent profiles from PCS, the official ones are pants. Some curious things with the start list as well. Two of the folk down for the Swiss Cycling Team are in the Tour of the Alps for their trade teams, I'll update these guys later today or tomorrow; and Patrick Muller is racing for Vital Concept at Liege, so he'll be a late edition.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

55 comments

Dr Winston replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Just realised I had six of the top  twelve in Purist. It might have beaten my standard again.

Roglic, Thomas, Colbrelli, Costa, Bevin, Bohli. ..happy with that. 

No TDG might hurt tomorrow though.

I dropped Roglic after I read JumboVisma were riding for Kruijswijk, although on refelection I think this race is Roglic's to lose and he will score points in all the stages unilke Kruijswijk.

He could win it by accident...just by virtue of being there. It get’s somewhat forgotten that Thomas actually did almost that in the TDF. If Roglic is ahead of Kruiswijk with two stages to go they’ll quickly forget the plan....maybe.

Dr Winston replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Just realised I had six of the top  twelve in Purist. It might have beaten my standard again.

Roglic, Thomas, Colbrelli, Costa, Bevin, Bohli. ..happy with that. 

No TDG might hurt tomorrow though.

IT’S A DRAW...!!....142 pts for both teams....

Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

You're okay, he wasn't on form.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no one has Tratnik, possibly not even in purist.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no one has Tratnik, possibly not even in purist.

I put Colbrelli in instead ready for tomorrow...and he played a stormer.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

I put Colbrelli in instead ready for tomorrow...and he played a stormer.

I looked at Tratnik but his last short ITT in Tirreno was far from impressive, so didn't consider him at all.

Fortunatley I went with Colbrelli like Dr W.

Otherwise not a great stage for me. Will Clarke disappointed, my outsider pick Moschetti didn't come off, Ganna disappointed and Campanaerts crashed.

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Swapped Tratnik out of my purist this morning along with Fatty, Not sure what I was up to really because I ended up with a very strange team that doesn't make much sense to me now.

Kruijswijck

Grosschartner

Martinez

Kung

Buckmann

Zakarin

Evenepoel

Costa.

Standard was always going to be a gamble I'm not too distressed although wish I'd left Thomas in.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

The one I left out....Van Emden on the course....Go easy on me.

0 likes

He crashed.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

He crashed.

Oh well. He must be in just about every team anyway. Makes tomorrow’s transfers easier.

0 likes

RIP my Campenaerts pick in standard...

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

RIP my Campenaerts pick in standard...

Is he not starting?...

0 likes

Hahahahaha no.

But seriously it is a tricky one. I'm just betting that there won't be many sprints. I can see one that probably will be a sprint.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

Hahahahaha no.

But seriously it is a tricky one. I'm just betting that there won't be many sprints. I can see one that probably will be a sprint.

Agreed. I'm taking the risk of having a thin day on that day three because I can't see the points for sprinters other than that one.

A lot of this race will revolve around how committed Thomas a Roglic are. The timing is better for Kruiswijk with Roglic playing second fiddle...but then again does he even have a second fiddle...Thomas with no form whatsoever  could be there for turning his legs over mainly...like Froome the last time out. Or maybe they'll both deliver.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

No idea what to do strategically for this one. Two TT’s complicates matters. Can we have another eight transfers please Andy...

0 likes

Even with Giro favourite Roglic on the start list, I'd be willing to bet he can win this race peddling with his face. That's if Geraint Thomas isn't in form yet. Otherwise Jumbo are there for Kruijswijk. Either way, what I'm trying to say is the start list is a bit lacking compared to previous years.

jollygoodvelo | 4 years ago
0 likes

FYI - looks like Pogacar isn't starting. 

Seems an oddly tricky race to predict this year: Giro guys who may not be giving it everything so close to the start, Tour guys who either won't yet be in shape, or will want to hit out and see where they are.  Hmmm.

1 like

Stage profiles will follow when there are decent ones on PCS.

1 like

Today, as soon as possible. Need to make one or two updates.

MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

Any update on when the competition will be opened?

0 likes

It's just a long sprint essentially. So whoever can put out the most power and sustain it. On the current start list, Bevin, Kung, Dowsett, hell even Viviani might be able to give it a good go! There is a 400m 5.5% climb in the middle, which isn't much really.

0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

It's just a long sprint essentially. So whoever can put out the most power and sustain it. On the current start list, Bevin, Kung, Dowsett, hell even Viviani might be able to give it a good go! There is a 400m 5.5% climb in the middle, which isn't much really.

I bet even the TT boys aren’t sure who to look out for. Some riders do well up to the first check point on the usual distance TT’s...I wish i’d taken some notes.

MinardiM189 replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

I bet even the TT boys aren’t sure who to look out for. Some riders do well up to the first check point on the usual distance TT’s...I wish i’d taken some notes.

The short prologue is a regular feature of Romandie although sometimes they throw a hill into the mix.

I think there is a small hill in this years prologue but nothing significant.

Some sprinters seem to be good at prologues whereas others are useless or don't make an effort.

stevemarks replied to MinardiM189 | 4 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

Dr Winston wrote:

Condor Andy wrote:

The short prologue is a regular feature of Romandie although sometimes they throw a hill into the mix.

I think there is a small hill in this years prologue but nothing significant.

Some sprinters seem to be good at prologues whereas others are useless or don't make an effort.

I think Kwia has won this prologue twice, some sprinters are very good at the Matthews kittel and Cavendish have all had good results in short prologues although Matthews is a solid TT rider anyway. and I think Kittel used to be too.

Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

3.8 km prologue....really....I walk further than that for my morning paper. 

Who’s good at 3.8km prologues?....

jollygoodvelo replied to Dr Winston | 4 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

Who’s good at 3.8km prologues?....

Owain Doull?  Geraint Thomas?  3

Pages

Latest Comments