Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

is this just marketing gone mad - ebike specific cleaner from Muc Off

Am I missing something or do eBikes really need their own product range from Muc Off?!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Muc-Off-1112-Corrosion-Defence/dp/B07J57MFQZ/re...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

StraelGuy | 4 years ago
1 like

To be fair, the bottle/nozzle was pretty good. A couple of petro-based alternatives to Finish Line that are a bit less claggy are Pedro's Syn Lube and White Lightning wet lube, both are pretty good.

ktache | 4 years ago
1 like

Loving your use of "resinifies".  I kind of liked the Wet, found the Wet Ceramic too light when I used it but giving it another go as Finish Line Wet is a bit too extreme for my current usage.  What I really liked was the lube nozzle, perfection.  I'm hoping the old bottles work just as well for the thicker lube.

EddyBerckx | 4 years ago
2 likes

My #roadplus bike is filthy as there's no cleaner available on the market for this type of bike.

SORT IT OUT MUCOFF AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

StraelGuy | 4 years ago
0 likes

Went off Muc-Off a LONG time ago. Muc-Off 'Nanotech' bike cleaner (the famous pink stuff) is basically an industrial emulsifier if you read the MSDS. Their wet lube is crap and resinifies into hard rubber after a few months. Over-priced crap by and large. 

dottigirl replied to StraelGuy | 4 years ago
1 like

StraelGuy wrote:

Went off Muc-Off a LONG time ago. Muc-Off 'Nanotech' bike cleaner (the famous pink stuff) is basically an industrial emulsifier if you read the MSDS. Their wet lube is crap and resinifies into hard rubber after a few months. Over-priced crap by and large. 

All this. The Wet lube turns into glue (which the Cleaner won't shift), the Dry won't last 40 miles. 

Progold Prolink is the go-to lube for all my bikes. Even the cx. Works well, stays OK,  cleans off easily enough. Am open to ideas, but I'm yet to find anything which beats it for convenience and performance.

Drinfinity | 4 years ago
5 likes

I just take a large bottle and pour half away. What’s left is perfect for my medium bike.

Mungecrundle | 4 years ago
4 likes

I just wish that someone would create a range of cleaning products for bicycles with medium frame sizes.

Mathemagician | 4 years ago
0 likes

Honestly what else do you expect from Muc Off?

Latest Comments