Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Cycling in the Ardeches?

Looks like I might be able to wangle a couple of days near Valence in the Ardeche.  Any one have any tips/routes/hotels  that they might have. 

Was thinking of basing myself in Valence but could be easily swayed from that idea

Thanks in advance

Andrew

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Zermattjohn | 4 years ago
0 likes

That area east of Valence, from Die (always worth it just for the Strava ride title) to St Jean-en-Royans and as far as Grenoble contains some truly wonderful riding. I came from the other side, a small town called La Mure, rode to Die then north to Villard de Lans over a few days staying in small hotels. A lot of wonderful valleys with some amazing climbs - the pictures on the Velo Vercors website really show it off. Die in particular was great and there were lots of locals riding, so it's a big cycling spot. I seem to recall mile after mile of lavender fields, warm sunshine and very very little traffic - recommended (and a little jealous!).

snappyandrew | 4 years ago
1 like

thanks. I rang them and it sounds great. 

maviczap replied to snappyandrew | 4 years ago
0 likes

snappyandrew wrote:

thanks. I rang them and it sounds great. 

Cool, Teresa owes me a beer the next time I stay there, which is overdue, haven't been there for 5 years, although I did see her in London in March.

You'll have a nice time

maviczap | 4 years ago
0 likes

Can't help with the Ardeches, but the Vercors are to the east of Valance only 40mins away. Lovely quiet roads, stunning views. Go stay with Terresa at Velo Vercors, I've stayed there 3 times, you won't be disappointed

Latest Comments