Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Wiggle sent me a worn-out, split, used, Schwalbe Pro One tyre.

Wiggle sent me a worn-out, split, used,  Schwalbe Pro One tyre.  I have sent pictures and several emails later I still have no idea what that are going to do to resolve their error.  It looks like I may have to return it at my own expense before they will consider sending me a new one!

I'm a little upset.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
0 likes

I've only tried the 25mm Pro Ones and they seemed really slippery in the wet when run at higher pressures (over 70psi or so).

Rapha Nadal | 4 years ago
1 like

Probably a subtle hint to not buy such shite tyres.

Alaska replied to Rapha Nadal | 4 years ago
0 likes
Rapha Nadal wrote:

After using Pro ones 25 and 28mm tubeless, I concur with your assessment  3

Dicklexic replied to Alaska | 4 years ago
0 likes

Alaska wrote:
Rapha Nadal wrote:

I've been using 28mm Pro Ones for about three years. They do seem to be a little prone to small cuts from glass, but have otherwise been superb. I tend to seal the small cuts with superglue and have only needed a 'proper' tubless repair once. Dead easy to fit, excellent grip and roll quickly with the added comfort and reliability of tubeless. Certainly not the most durable of tyres available but the performance is worth it IMHO.

Alaska replied to Dicklexic | 4 years ago
0 likes
Dicklexic wrote:

Alaska wrote:
Rapha Nadal wrote:

I've been using 28mm Pro Ones for about three years. They do seem to be a little prone to small cuts from glass, but have otherwise been superb. I tend to seal the small cuts with superglue and have only needed a 'proper' tubless repair once. Dead easy to fit, excellent grip and roll quickly with the added comfort and reliability of tubeless. Certainly not the most durable of tyres available but the performance is worth it IMHO.

I found exactly that, small cuts and one that just wouldn't seal. Personal preference for Hutchinson 11storm, never had an issue.

sergius | 4 years ago
2 likes

Everytime I've needed to speak to support they've been perfect.

They sent me a conti inner tube with a hole in it after manufacture (which left me  stranded at the side of the road), they sent me a replacement the next day.

When the tyre leaver I ordered didn't match the picture (as Park had stopped making the previous version which I was after as it was narrower), they went out of their way to sort that for me.

They also sent me 60 rather than 80mm valve inner tubes once, again rectified by them within a couple of days.

They also never asked for me to return any of these (admittedly small) items; in my experience Wiggle CS is great.

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

Matthew you are far more trusting than I am, when there are so many other competitors out there then bad customer service is a massive decider for me.  Unless the money saving is that large.

It doesn't take much for me to not use a shop for things, Evans, great sales, love the click and collect and the price match is a bonus.  They installed my ChrisKing Rasta NoThreadset well, but then they lost my Middleburn bullet valve cap when doing a tension and true on a wheel, they had a bit of a look, and were sorry, and even offered a non middleburn replacement, but didn't get the Middleburn thing.  I want my LBS to understand.  As I say I will still buy from them.

Not as bad as Berkshire cycles, the one in Reading not Crowthorne, (big, big difference), who installed an XT crown race on a set of Kona Project 2s so badly I could see the hammer blows, and it wasn't even straight, so I had to give it a few taps, but with no tooling marks especially not on the bearing surfaces.  Only for an emergency and if incredibly desperate would I use them for anything.

Now cemetary junction was on my way to work so Berkshire Cycles was very well placed, and I could detour through town for Evans, and then walk up to the uni leaving the bike at either shop.  But no, I need my LBS to understand the precious nature of the bicycle.

I now use AW cycles, out of my way, and not as convenient, and I might have to leave stuff with them for a while, but there is a reason they are busy.  I cannot rate them more highly.

matthewcove | 4 years ago
3 likes

Wiggle have contacted me today to let me know they are going to send me a replacemet.  It's been hard work to get any information from them, but I'm happy with the outcome. 

Faith restored, I will be a customer again in the future.

Drinfinity | 4 years ago
1 like

I ordered a Stans kit, which was missing a valve because Stans didn’t seal their pack properly. Sent pictures, new valve next day.

On the other hand, was expecting another order yesterday, but it appears they scanned it for pick and pack but didn’t actually dispatch, so although they did a next day post charge refund, my order won’t get here for the weekend. #firstworldproblems

AfterPeak | 4 years ago
4 likes

I had a bottle of dry lube arrive broken and leaking in the box. Phoned them, sent an attached picture and they sent me out a new one free of charge the next day and used the packaging picture to work out why it had split and (apparently) update their packing protocol. I was quite impressed. Annoyingly I didn't get another free bag of haribo. You win some you lose some.

Boombang | 4 years ago
0 likes

If you want a very lightly used Pro One I have one you can have. 50 miles in I cut the sidewall on the other and given the 4 hour job of making them fit on my rims I gave up on them.

DoctorFish | 4 years ago
1 like

I've always found the wiggle return service very simple.  I've only ever sent a few things back, but you just print out a returns label and send it back.  There is no cost to you.

Bit shocking if they have sent you a used tyre though, was it in the packaging like that?

matthewcove replied to DoctorFish | 4 years ago
1 like

DoctorFish wrote:

I've always found the wiggle return service very simple.  I've only ever sent a few things back, but you just print out a returns label and send it back.  There is no cost to you.

Bit shocking if they have sent you a used tyre though, was it in the packaging like that?

Yes, it had a barcode attached to it with electrical tape.  My main concern is what their reaction will be when I return a used tyre without them first providing some acceptance that they have made an error.

StraelGuy | 4 years ago
1 like

*worn.

Seriously though, I'd be highly surprised if they don't just post you a new tyre.

matthewcove replied to StraelGuy | 4 years ago
0 likes

StraelGuy wrote:

*worn.

Seriously though, I'd be highly surprised if they don't just post you a new tyre.

I have contacted customer support 5 times this week and I'm no closer to getting it resolved.

The last time I filled in the complaint form, quoting my case number, they clearly had not read any of may message as they asked me to provide photographs to pass on to the warranty team.  I have already provided pictures a few days ago after getting the same email from them.

Zermattjohn | 4 years ago
2 likes

Are you in the UK? Just return it for free using the Asda return thing, and get yer money back. 

matthewcove | 4 years ago
0 likes

here it is

Latest Comments