Home

I was just checking this year's route and noticed that some stage profiles on PCS are different than those on the Official Site. It looks like PCS have used profiles used in earlier races.

Looks like stage 2 & 7 are different. The start & finish towns are the same as in previous years but the route between is different.

44 comments

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Kittel has withdrawn from the race. Pffft. 

Avatar
tony kappler [201 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Still no startlists for Hagens or Rally. I will add when info available.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

Still no startlists for Hagens or Rally. I will add when info available.

Startlist is complete now but a couple of Hagens riders aren't listed in 'all riders'.

Rice & Garrison.

Avatar
tony kappler [201 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Ta, all in now.

Avatar
tony kappler [201 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Stage 1 scoring issues;

The ToC official site says the Young Rider's jersey is for riders "under age 25", which to me means Halvorsen should be in white. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?

I scored according to the early PCS results. Apparently Grosschartner must have had a crash or mechanical issue in the last 3km, and so is now 8th on GC. I will fix this tomorrow.

Avatar
archieboy [88 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Looks like Stites took bonus seconds at the first intermediate sprint.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

Stage 1 scoring issues;

The ToC official site says the Young Rider's jersey is for riders "under age 25", which to me means Halvorsen should be in white. Can anyone enlighten me on this matter?

I scored according to the early PCS results. Apparently Grosschartner must have had a crash or mechanical issue in the last 3km, and so is now 8th on GC. I will fix this tomorrow.

Yes I saw that about young riders too but it looks like it is anyone born after Jan 1st 1997 this year.

I guess they didn't update the details on the Jersey page of the website.

 

 

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Almost forgot all about this race...just about squeezed my team in with minutes to spare. Not sure i’ve Done a decent job or not.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

Almost forgot all about this race...just about squeezed my team in with minutes to spare. Not sure i’ve Done a decent job or not.

I have messed up a bit, I was using a budget of 150 to plan my team for today's stage and can't afford to bring in the riders I intended and keep Sagan. indecision

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

Almost forgot all about this race...just about squeezed my team in with minutes to spare. Not sure i’ve Done a decent job or not.

I have messed up a bit, I was using a budget of 150 to plan my team for today's stage and can't afford to bring in the riders I intended and keep Sagan. indecision

Could be a blessing Minardi. I know he won on the flat yesterday but he’s hardly covered himself in glory on the rolling races this year. We’ll see.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

Could be a blessing Minardi. I know he won on the flat yesterday but he’s hardly covered himself in glory on the rolling races this year. We’ll see.

It was Sagan or another sprinter. Sagan has more chance of finishing top20, is leading the points classification and could get an assist for Schachmann or Grosschartner. He has also been training at altitude recently, and today's stage is HIGH.

Anyway he is out of my team now.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

My team for today -

SCHACHMANN
URAN
POGACAR
McNULTY
PHILIPSEN
HALVORSEN
HUFFMAN
HIGUITA

I was hoping to keep Sagan in but screwed up on the budget.

At least Huffman is in the break wink

Some surprising names in the break - Ballerini (he could stay all the way) & Luke Rowe (is he there to help out later?).

Pedersen dropped off the back at the end yesterday as did Storer.

Looks a strong break. Can it stay away and win?

Skujins did on a very similar route in 2017, although the finish was easier then.

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Cavendish dropped on the climb..he really is struggling these days. 

Van Poppel crashed....anybody know anything else?...is he back up...

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

Cavendish dropped on the climb..he really is struggling these days. 

Van Poppel crashed....anybody know anything else?...is he back up...

Ithin Van Poppel got back on but more riders are starting to get dropped.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Sagan playing domestique.

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

Cavendish dropped on the climb..he really is struggling these days. 

Van Poppel crashed....anybody know anything else?...is he back up...

Ithin Van Poppel got back on but more riders are starting to get dropped.

7.6% finish at the end according to the commentators....surely too much for a Sagan win isn't it?

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Where did all the favourites go?

 

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:

Where did all the favourites go?

 

Gone. Could be a very low scoring day. Did you get your transfers in on time Minardi?

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:

My team for today -

SCHACHMANN
URAN
POGACAR
McNULTY
PHILIPSEN
HALVORSEN
HUFFMAN
HIGUITA

Hmmmm

Somehow my transfers didn't get made.

Rather than Schachmann, Uran, McNulty I had Sagan, Jakobsen & Walscheid.

Maybe I didn't confirm my transfers.no

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Something weird is happening.

My team has just been updated to what it should have been for yesterday. I haven't made any transfers today.

However the points for yesterday's stage haven't been updated.

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:
MinardiM189 wrote:

My team for today -

SCHACHMANN
URAN
POGACAR
McNULTY
PHILIPSEN
HALVORSEN
HUFFMAN
HIGUITA

Hmmmm

Somehow my transfers didn't get made.

Rather than Schachmann, Uran, McNulty I had Sagan, Jakobsen & Walscheid.

Maybe I didn't confirm my transfers.no

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

When I logged on to check the scores this morning I am sure that I saw Jakobsen was in my team roster. On my lap top when you open a competition the first 3 riders in the roster are visible, I saw Jakobsen listed and thought wtf.

Later this morning I went back to make transfers and the roster was as I had expected it to be. So it looks to me like it was updated sometime later this morning.

I made the transfers sometime late yesterday afternoon, I wasn't aware of the deadline being early.

As I said I am sure that the team roster hadn't updated when I checked the scores earlier this morning. I assumed I hadn't confirmed and on the bright side I wasn't stuck with McNulty.

Given that GKAM had a roster problem earlier this year it could be something odd is happening occasionally.

 

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Dr Winston wrote:

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

Just checked and my transfers were made at 17:07

The deadline today is around 18:00

Avatar
Sniffer [664 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
MinardiM189 wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

Just checked and my transfers were made at 17:07

The deadline today is around 18:00

I think it was 16:15 yesterday.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
1 like
Sniffer wrote:
MinardiM189 wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

Just checked and my transfers were made at 17:07

The deadline today is around 18:00

I think it was 16:15 yesterday.

I'm going to do a Viviani. indecisionindecisionangrynoindecision

Avatar
Dr Winston [785 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Sniffer wrote:
MinardiM189 wrote:
Dr Winston wrote:

I saw that. Did you know it was quite an early deadline compared to the day before?...I nearly missed it because of that.

Just checked and my transfers were made at 17:07

The deadline today is around 18:00

I think it was 16:15 yesterday.

Aye...something like that. All I know is I very nearly missed it around that time.

Avatar
Condor Andy [772 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

The deadline definitely wasn't changed. It may be a case of hitting 'Confirm' after the deadline passes. Not sure though. Let Dave know anyway if you want.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

The deadline definitely wasn't changed. It may be a case of hitting 'Confirm' after the deadline passes. Not sure though. Let Dave know anyway if you want.

I had seen that Eurosport was showing the stage from 10:00pm so assumed that the deadline was a couple of hours before that.

It looks like I did miss the deadline but had my transfers in before the stage started at 5;30 GMT.

Avatar
MinardiM189 [623 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes
Condor Andy wrote:

The deadline definitely wasn't changed. It may be a case of hitting 'Confirm' after the deadline passes. Not sure though. Let Dave know anyway if you want.

How do I contact Dave ?

Avatar
Condor Andy [772 posts] 3 months ago
0 likes

Bottom of this page, there's the game [at] road.cc email. Message that.

Pages